Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November Fun

I  cannot believe how fast time is flying by lately. It's already the middle of November and now Thanksgiving is next week....It's CRAZY!
Well last week our library hosted a "Teddy Beddy Bear Storytime" and can I just say how stinkin' adorable it was. Tanner and I dropped Bailey off at her bestie's house (Maddie) and we headed to the library.  It was in the evening and all the kids came in their pj's.
The theme was panda bears. They read panda bear books and watched video clips about panda bears.
Then the kids got little kits to make panda masks.
Here is my little panda bear Tanner.
Man I love this boy.
Tanner loved his mask. Seriously, a week later and he is still wearing it everyday
After the stories and movies were over, they brought in a panda bear - or as close as we're going to get to a panda bear. Tanner was super excited to give this panda bear a hug. Too cute! 
Then as we were leaving they passed out bedtime snacks to all the kids. There were black and white oreos to go along with the panda theme and little panda thermis cups. I love taking Tanner to things like this. It reminds me how big he is getting and that makes me a little sad, but as he gets older everything just keeps getting more and more fun!
 
 
Then over the weekend I took the kids to Dickerson Park Zoo in Springfield. We met our "Mommy & Me" group there and it was soo fun. There were 6 mommas and 7 kids. It was a GORGEOUS day considering how late in the year it is. It was so nice they had the petting zoo open and the giraffes were out. We had so much fun!
Here is Bailey chillin' in her stroller in her rockin' sunglasses. I'm not going to lie, I was worried about handling both kids alone, but it went relatively well.
Tanner loved this little waterfall
Kangaroos- soo adorable
Tanner loved feeding the goats at the petting zoo. This little goat licked his face. Tanner started laughing. It was so cute and a little gross.
feeding the goats
Even Bailey fed the goats this time. Although when the goats ate the pellets out of her hand she kinda freaked and ran for it. She didn't cry, just didn't want to go near them again.
Even the black bears were wrestling. You can't see the other bear but he's below this one. They were rolling and wrestling together. Tanner loved it!
Tanner watching the black bears. I swear this kid thinks he's part bear. He's constantly growling and roaring!
Sweet Bailey
Bailey exploring
Tanner and Bailey loved this stone tiger. Bailey even started saying "iger"
After lunch we headed over to the giraffes. We got to feed them and it was so fun!
Isn't Tanner's little face so cute after the giraffe licked his hand.
Bailey gave it a shot but she wasn't a huge fan of the LONG gross giraffe tongue
I love the picture of Tanner looking at the giraffe
Me and my babes. We had so much fun and I'm so glad we went!
After walking the ENTIRE zoo, we let the kids play at the playground for a bit. It's a two hour drive to the zoo, I figured every bit of exhausted energy makes the drive home a bit easier.

After playing we loaded up and the kids were asleep about 2 minutes after leaving the zoo. They slept the entire drive home. It was a great trip. I'm so happy the weather was so nice and the kids behaved.
Next up, thanksgiving. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment