Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Happy Turkey Day!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
We just had an awesome Thanksgiving here in Arkansas, complete with a visit from one of my best friends and old roommate from college.
Christie and her family drove over Wednesday, before Thanksgiving, all the way for Fort Worth, Texas. They got in around 1am Thursday morning after a 9 hour drive. (That's the test of true friendship) and needless to say, I was a little excited. I couldn't fall asleep that night, haha.
Christie and I were roommates my freshman year of college (7 years ago) and we are still best friends today. I literally talk to her atleast once everyday.

The next morning, Chris had to work so he left a little before 7 am and we wouldn't see him again until Thanksgiving dinner at 5:30 pm. Christie and I spent the day making pies, side dishes and rolls- all the while trying to keep our kids from fighting and destroying the house--- IT WAS AWESOME.
We made green bean casserole, sweet potato pie casserole, rolls, caramel apple cheesecake dip, chocolate cream pie, banana cream pie, lemon sour cream pie and glazed apple cream pie. PHEW!!!! It was a bunch of baking!!!
Before heading over to my parents' house for dinner we snapped a few pictures of our kids in their turkey shirts. I had made these matching shirts the night before and I'm not going to lie- I love how they turned out.
Seriously, how cute are they in their matching turkey shirts???

Christie's adorable little turkeys
And my little turkeys, yeah Tanner's shirt is just a tie made from the same fabric I made the turkeys from. But he loved his tie shirt.
After pictures we headed over to my parents house for the latest Thanksgiving Dinner in history. I was starving by the time we sat down and I'm fairly certain I scarfed down the entire meal....
That night Christie, Julieta and I left to do some "Black Friday" shopping. The dads took the kids home and put them to bed- thank you dads! We left my house at 8:30 pm. We drove to the Wal-Mart in Flippin, shopped a little and then drove on over to Branson Missouri. We got to Target at 10:45 pm. Target was fantastic. We got a ton of cute stuff and there were NO lines. So fun.
Then we dropped Julieta off at Kohls and Christie and I headed over the the Tanger Outlet Mall. I feel like we went to pretty much EVERY shop in that mall. It was SOOO fun and so tiring!!!
We spent about 3 hours at Tanger and then we went and picked up Julieta. We finally got home from our wild night at 5:45 am.
We passed out for a few hours and when I woke up at 7:15 am, Chris was gone and Christie's husband, Steve, was watching all four kids. Such an awesome guy. I tried to stay awake and help, but I literally couldn't keep my eyes open and I fell asleep again on the couch.
I woke up again a couple hours later and Steve was getting all the kids dressed to go play outside. Again, so awesome. My kids loved it.
Eventually about an hour later Christie and I finally roused and got ready for the day. We fed the kids lunch, put them down for naps and after went into Mountain home and met Chris for lunch/dinner. We ate at "Back Forty" and had their delicious barnbuster burger. SO GOOD.
Then the Dad's took the kids home and Christie and I headed over to the theatre. We met my mom and Julie Arndt to watch "Breaking Dawn, Part 2".
Honestly, I thought it was pretty good. Definitely the best movie of the series yet. It was fun!
When we got home, we put out kids to bed, then we put our husbands to bed and we popped in a chick flick. I'm fairly certain we both fell asleep about 10 minutes into that movie. We were soooo tired!!!
Here are a few pictures of us the night beforet they left!
 


Christie's kids were already in bed at this point and for some reason mine really wanted to be in these pictures. They were super cheesey and everything. Speaking of cheesey- check out Steve in the last picture...haha.

Anyways, the next morning Christie and Steve woke up early and headed out so they could get home and relax before it got too dark.
It was a short trip but loaded with fun. I'm so glad they came to visit! Thanks for making the super long drive to get here Christie!!! And as soon as you move into a house- You know I'll come visit you!!!
 

3 comments:

  1. Haha- Love it! Especially Steve sticking his head in at the last one! I'm going to refer my family to your blog since I haven't blogged in like... I don't remember how long. Thanks for an awesome trip!!!! We had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No mention of the junior mint incident??! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are posting this since Christie neglects her blog! Looks like a fun and exhausting weekend!

    ReplyDelete