Monday, October 1, 2012

Little Shoes = Bailey Walking

Life seems to be a constant battle right between me and Bailey's shoes. They keep finding their way out of her closet and into funny places all over my house. However, this phenomenon is not a complete mystery. I've caught Bailey, multiple times, sneaking into her room to pull shoes out of her closet. One day, I very quietly followed her and watched as she opened her bedroom door, walked over to her closet, opened that door and then proceeded to sort through all her shoes until she found two she liked (which did not match at all). Then she carried those shoes around the rest of the morning as she made laps around our house. I guess they help her balance. Its so funny. It wasn't an uncommon thing at all to see Bailey wearing one set of shoes and holding two more in her hands.
 
So here's how it started. Bailey started walking a little after her first birthday, but she'd only do about 5 steps at a time usually. I remember this because when I got home from the hospital she walked 6 steps into my arms. SOOO SWEET!  Every now and then she would bust out like 6-10 steps, but not typically. Then about two weeks later she started walking from one piece of furniture to the next without help. One day I was in the kitchen and I heard Tanner saying "Look Mom, Bailey's walking". I got in just in time to see her last few steps as she walked from one couch across the room to the next. Its so fun to see her learning to walk.
Well, honestly, the first few weeks aren't the most fun because there is a lot of falling involved. It seems like if there is a sharp corner or hard surface around, Bailey's poor little head will find it. Luckily, she's a really tough cookie!
Anways, she's really progressed and she's now quite the pro. Here are some pics documenting her progression.These pictures are all taken about a week apart.
 
 (One shoes is a "WeeBox" sneaker and the other is a flowery mary jane- again they don't match)
 No shirt, no shoes (on her feet), no problems. Oh and the only reason these two shoes match, is because I was trying to get her to wear them. However- you can tell who the real boss is.
And finally we've progressed the the full blown walking machine. She no longer feels the need to carry shoes non-stop. She does still carry them occasionally, but not every time.

I really love watching her walk, but part of me is a little sad. Now, more than ever before, I feel like my baby isn't a baby anymore. She looks so much like a little girl. She hardly ever falls and she even started chasing after Tanner. She's just not a baby anymore. But she's pretty cute and I do love watching that chubby little body waddle around. So I guess I'll just suck it up and enjoy whats left of her babyhood.
...

1 comment:

  1. I love her so much!!!! I think she encourages Maddie to walk. She just loves to "play" with her.

    ReplyDelete