Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The place I'd like to live...

After work on Friday we headed down to NW Arkansas. It was such a gorgeous drive. The trees are changing colors and it's beautiful! I thoroughly enjoyed the 2 1/2 hour drive with my sweet husband with my babies asleep in the backseat. When we got into town we went straight to my cousin's house. Him and his wife, Stephanie, live in Rogers. We hung out for a while at their house and let the kids unwind from the car trip.
 
After a short break from the car we loaded back up. The girls, (Stephanie, Bailey and I) headed over to Carters to do some shopping and the boys (Chris, Tanner and my cousin Aaron) headed over to Cabelas and the "Wal-Mart Associate Store".
A couple hours later we met Joseph and his family at "The Flying Burrito" for dinner. Can I just say, YUM! So good. Love a good burrito place. After dinner we all went and got ice cream at TCBY. Tanner loved this since it was a serve yourself ice cream bar. Lots of fun.
 
Then we took our kids back to Aaron and Steph's house to put them to bed. They were exhausted and went right to sleep. Tanner woke up around 11 to throw up all over the little bed he was sleeping on, on the floor. So that resulted in a ton of laundry the next day and a middle-of-the night wardrobe and blanket change. But no worries- he was so exhausted he literally tried to lay back down in his throw-up so he could sleep again. Poor kid. We got him cleaned up and he was out like a light. He was totally fine the next day...

The next morning we got up and got ready for the day. We ate breakfast and did laundry. Then we headed out to look at some houses. Can I just say I love Rogers, AR. It's such a fun town and there are a TON of beautiful homes. I really would love to live there. We had fun looking at houses and imagining what our life would be like if we lived there.

Around 12 we met my parents for lunch at PF Changs. (yep they drove down too) YUMMY!!!! Tanner loved using his little kid chopsticks. He ate so much because he loved using them SO much.

After lunch we headed over to the new "Crystal Bridges Museum" in Bentonville. Wal-Mart covers all entry fees so its free to the public. We met Joseph and his family there and we all went in together

It's a gorgeous setting and a really cool looking building.
We walked through the museum (a little faster than most) and tried to keep the kids from touching everything. In hindsight- I would not bring my kiddos next time. It was hard on them and us. They just wanted to play.
Here is Tanner checking out a brochure. He loved holding the brochures for us. 
Tanner's favorite piece of art. I think it was the only one he recognized. It's huge though. Especially compared to Tanner. 
Bailey loved the huge windows overlooking the water. (Do you see me in the reflection- taking this picture?)
Kiddos exploring the museum
At the end of the art exhibits we found a children's play area.
Tanner had so much fun. There was a block station, puppet show theater and costumes.
Bailey with the blocks
Dressing up with my boy
My little George and Martha Washington playing dress up
Family picture outside the museum
Tanner overlooking the water
Love this shot of Bailey. Sweet girl!
Nanny and Papa with their grand kids. Tanner (3), Clark (2), Bailey (1) and Daniel (6 months.)
After the museum we went to the park while Nanny and Papa went on an ice cream run. It was a really different playground. Tanner loved all the ropes. Little Monkey! Nanny and Papa brought back hot fudge sundaes for everyone and we gobbled them up!

Bailey on the slide!

The kids were thoroughly exhausted at this point and so we loaded back up in the car. I had to stop at a few clothing stores but after that we headed back home. It was a sweet short trip but definitely left me feeling like I would love to live there.
Hopefully Chris will get to start applying for corporate jobs soon and with any luck, we'll be living down there by the new year! Wish us luck!


1 comment:

  1. How about we move there with you guys? Looks like a fun trip! Love the pic of Mom and Dad with the kids.

    ReplyDelete