Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tanner the Tiger- He's GRRRRREAT!

We went to the circus last month and Tanner had a great time. Bailey was mostly indifferent. She didn't care for all the loud noises but besides that she happily sat on my lap for the majority of the time.
Here are the kids before we left for the circus. Bailey is super excited and she has no idea why!

My parents came with me because Chris was out of town and they brought Julieta and Clark. It was really fun.
Tanner had to get use to the loud announcer and the weird clowns. (I think my kid was the only one not laughing at the clowns- maybe he is more like me than I thought. I've never liked clowns.)

During the halftime break I took Tanner to spend the $5 I'd given him for the circus. I thought for sure he'd want to buy cotton candy or some kind of snack with his money, but he saw the face painting booth and everything else ceased to exist.
He picked out the design he wanted and then held so still while the guy painted his face. I mean- he sat on the big stool all by himself and hardly moved a muscle. Which is pretty amazing considering he's a VERY busy two-year old.
Tanner "ROARING"- seriously- this kid cracks me up!
He loved the way he looked in the mirror and immediately started growling at everyone in sight. I was dying- he loved his face so much. He told everyone that walked past that he had his face painted. "Paint, Mom, Paint!!!!"

Because I can't go to a circus/fair without eating cotton candy, we grabbed some on the way back to our seats and then settled in for the second half of the show. Tanner devoured our cotton candy and cheered for the different acts. It was fun to see him enjoying himself and I'm really glad we went even though Chris wasn't able to come with us. I didn't want Tanner to miss out and luckily my parents came- I couldn't have done it without them.
Yummy cotton candy!
Cheering for the different acts


Even now, weeks later, Tanner tells me about the time he had his face painted. He remembers and that makes it worth it to me. I love making memories with my kiddos, but its even more fun when it becomes a memory for them as well.
Tanner roaring and poor Bailey covering her ears- she did not like all the loud noise. haha

2 comments:

  1. Maddie definitely wouldn't have enjoyed the noise either. We had to leave your parents' place because she started crying from all the noise (and she was ready for a nap). Tanner is such a cute tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanner is GREAT! I have not been very diligent at posting and looking at blogs lately so it was fun to catch up on yours! We are excited to see you and your darling kiddos in a month! Woohoo!
    love you!

    ReplyDelete