Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Keepin' Busy While Daddy is Gone

Chris left for annual training on Monday, May 7th. It was really sad. I love having him home and after getting use to having him here, its been a HARD adjustment. The kids, for the most part, have been good. I'm completely exhausted by the end of the day, but I'm sleeping pretty good at night. Bailey only wakes up once around 5 am, if at all, so I get a solid 6 hours of sleep each night. Purely wonderful!
But here are a few of the things we've been up to since Chris left.
We had lunch with two of my best friends from high school, Adrian and Jaime. It was so fun to see them. We ate lunch and then came back to my house to hang out for a bit. Jaime had brought gifts for each of the kids. Adrian has twin girls who are 5 months and then there were my two. So lunch was crazy but fun. Tanner opened his present and found a new book, a stuffed frog that went with the book and a bumble bee bubble blower. Jaime couldn't have picked out a better present for him. He loves books and bubbles. He was thrilled. Bailey got two darling little outfits that will actually fit her- so I'm thrilled!!
Tanner with his new bubble blower

Here are Adrian's adorable baby girls. Seriously- why are they so cute?

And here is my huge 9 month old with her two tiny soon-to-be best friends.

Tuesday morning the kids and I went to town to buy some flowers. While Bailey was napping Tanner and I planted them in our stacked flower pots. He had so much fun helping me dig in the dirt. He wore his little work gloves so that helped with cleanup.

helping dig holes for our flowers

A few days later we busted out our new swimming pool. It has a sprinkler attachment that Tanner loves! We played for a solid hour before it was time for lunch and naps. I love when my kids play outside because they are thoroughly exhausted and take nice long naps afterwards.





We also went down to cotter springs with our neighbors. My kids were total terrors. Between Tanner splashing everyone and throwing rocks and Bailey trying to eat every choking sized rock in sight- I was near tears. But luckily my sweet neighbor helped and we survived. I don't think we can do anymore rock beaches though, Bailey is too fast. She grabs rocks at every opportunity.
This is Tanner's "I'm a sneaky buster" face

Bailey trying to eat a rock- don't worry- this one didn't even fit in her mouth.

Oh and Bailey started pulling up on everything!!!

Besides that, we've just been hanging out at home. Reading books, playing with toys that haven't seen daylight in way too long, and watching alot of movies.


Tanner's favorite thing to do on a Saturday is snuggle up on my bed and watch movies. Its so cute!

p.s. I'm so in love with this sweet face

This weekend I'm having my first garage sale. Chris gets home Friday afternoon, but has to go to drill on Saturday. But he will be home at night, so we'll get to see him then! I honestly couldn't be more excited. Its been a rough 10 days. I was a big girl though and stayed every night at our house, even though I hate sleeping alone. I'm actually really proud of myself- however pathetic that may sound- its a big deal. But I can't wait to see my sweet husband!!! only a few more days!

2 comments:

  1. i want to hang every single one of these pictures on my walls. obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bailey is so big next to the twins! And I love all her swimsuits... all 20 of them. :) Haha! (Just kidding!) I love the picture of Tanner jumping/splashing in the water- great action shot!

    ReplyDelete