Saturday, March 26, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen...

We've reached the halfway point of this pregnancy.

I'm 20 weeks and feeling great. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by. Having Tanner around to keep me busy really has helped. Tanner makes everyday an adventure and most of the time I'm too busy to remember I'm pregnant.
I thought I show some pictures of me at different points of each pregnancy.
The first one is me at 14 weeks- at the end of my first trimester. The picture on the left is when I'm pregnant with Tanner, the right is me during this pregnancy.


The second picture is me at 20 weeks- after finding out the sex of each baby. Again- the left is Tanner, the right is this baby girl.


Unfortunately, I didn't take that many picture of me when I was pregnant with Tanner and I have only taken three so far with this one. But I'll get more when I'm bigger and its easier to compare.

Other differences between the two pregnancies:
I started feeling sick about 2 weeks earlier with this pregnancy. So instead of being nauseous at 7 weeks, it started at 5 weeks. So not fun...but luckily with both pregnancies I started feeling better around 13 weeks.

I was really tired at the beginning of this pregnancy. Most of that is probably due to Tanner. I have less energy but am still as busy as ever with him. But again, once I got past the first trimester I started feeling better and having lots more energy. I also started working out- so that helped. I was too sick to work out earlier. Pathetic huh?

I'm hungry ALL the time. I probably go through a box of cereal on my own each week. I crave cereal at like 10 pm every night. I feel like I never get enough to eat, even though after I eat I'm stuffed. I get hungry again really fast Its really out of control!

I'm more tender and sensitive with this pregnancy. Its hard to rock Tanner to sleep because having him lay against my stomach makes me a little nauseous. This is probably the most heartbreaking because I love my snuggle time with Tanner. But if it takes longer than 10 minutes for him to fall asleep rocking with me, then I have to put him in his crib and just lay down next to him and hold his hand.

So far that's about it- I'm not showing that much yet (unless I eat a TON of pizza or something) but I feel like I'm carrying the same as I did with Tanner. But it will be easier to tell in a few more months.

Anyways, I'm excited to be halfway done and can't wait to meet this little girl.

3 comments:

  1. Um, Dear Emily, How is it that you are smaller with this baby than you were with Tanner??? Oh girl. I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha- I think it has to do with me being in better shape this time around. Chris and I were doing P90X before I got pregnant and I was just getting to the point where I was starting to see results...I'm just trying to maintain now, but I think it has helped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I'm so excited you're having a girl! I'm sending you a package. I've said that before, but I am really going to get it sent! I love you, and I loved catching up! I'm excited I'll be closer so I can see you and your family more! I LOVE the picture of Chris and Tanner watching the baseball game. Chris looks so proud and Tanner is adorable with his hat on backwards and clapping for the teams. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete