Monday, March 7, 2011

Bowling 101 & More

I found this cheap bowling set a few weeks ago and when the weather got colder, we decided to bust it out. Since we couldn't play outside we had to come up with some new ways to entertain ourselves.
We tried to show Tanner how to hold the ball, then how to throw it and knock the pins over.

He watched as Dad rolled the ball and the pins fell.

His reaction after watching Dad bowl.

Tanner throwing the ball. I know it looks like he's just dropping it, but this is how he was throwing it at first.

From that moment on his new mission was to make sure not a single pin remained standing. Every time I set the pins up Tanner would run over and knock each one over. He would be so thrilled with himself each time he knocked them over, it was so funny to watch.
He threw the ball a few times but couldn't figure out the underhand rolling. He just loved to knock the pins over.
A much more efficient way to bowl- strike every time.


I think he really enjoyed bowling. Maybe if the weather gets cold again we will bring them back out and practice our bowling skills.

Here are a few others from the past week or so. Tanner went into nursery two Sundays ago. It was his first official time, although he has been going in occasionally to visit with Nanny (she's the nursery leader). But now its official and I can't believe he's old enough for this. He's such a little man.



We had a play date last week too. It was too cold to play at the park so we had it at the church. Tanner loves playgroup. He loves playing with all the girls- he gets all the attention because he's the only boy there.
He found this puppy in the toy cabinet and it was love at first sight.
Puppy love

He also loved this toy.

Here are the two girls Tanner's age he plays with.
Jess

Olivia

LOVE THOSE GIRLS!

Eventually the weather got warm again and we were able to head to the park. Tanner loves the park so much. It was a really last minute trip so we didn't invite anyone else. Just me and my boy. Quality Tanner time!!!




Although I love spring time and all the beautiful weather, I hate how my allergies act up. And being pregnant, I didn't know what I could take. The nurse recommended benadryl- so lets hope I get some sleep tonight. I'm so tired and Tanner has no mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment