Monday, January 31, 2011

Tanner's Terrible Tumble

It finally happened. It seems like no matter how careful you are, at some point your child is going to take a pretty good fall. Tanner's time was up- he tumbled down my parent's stairs yesterday.
Chris was watching him go up and down the stairs and he said he turned around to count how many stairs they'd gone up and a second later Tanner was falling. He said it happened too fast for him to catch him. We think he fell about 8 stairs. It wouldn't have been so bad, but my parent's stairs are only carpeted in the middle and then they have wood on the edges. Well Tanner's face caught most of the fall on the wood. His poor little cheekbone!!!
Here's his face a couple hours after he fell- the bruise looks funny because I put some lotion on him after his bath and its reflecting the flash from the camera- you can still kinda get the idea.

The day after. Now it's turned purple instead of bright red.




The bruise doesn't look half as bad in these pictures, but his little face really is sad looking. It makes me want to cry every time I look at him.
Our little guy was pretty tough though. I think it scared him more than anything. I know my heart was racing a million miles a minute and I couldn't stop shaking afterwards. I heard him crash down the stairs and I ran to get him, but Chris had already scooped him up by then. I snatched him away from Chris and immediately started trying to calm him down. He only cried for about 1 minute and then he just sat on my lap and snuggled.
Then after dinner he tried to conquer those dang stairs again. Too bad for him, I wouldn't let him anywhere near the stairwell for the rest of the night. Maybe next time we go over to my parent's house we can work on stairs, but we're going to take a little break for a while.

3 comments:

  1. Poor little guy!!!! I hate it when things like this happen! I remember when Cam was little I was Pregnant with Doyle like really prego bout 8 months and cam took a nose dive down David and Christis stairs and I was standing in the kitchen and the minute I saw her heading head down by the time I darted to the top of the stairs she was already half way down and I skipped 2 and three stairs at a time to try to get to her!! Christi was yelling at me to slow down and by the time I got to her she was at the bottom and I was having contractions!!! Now we laugh about it but then it wasn't that funny but now we laugh at how funny an 8 month prego lady looks flying down a staircase!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor tanner. Hope he gets lots of love and attention. That is such a sad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope Lori wasn't in the house when it happened! She would need a sedative for sure. I am glad he is ok.

    ReplyDelete