Sunday, January 30, 2011

Park, Snow, Park and More Snow

We've been having some bizarre weather lately. We had a few snow of the year and it was freezing after. Then the next week it warmed up. When I say warm, I mean in the high 40's. So after being cooped up inside the house for so long, Tanner and I had to stretch our legs. So we grabbed Chris and headed to the park.
Tanner had so much fun and Chris and I love playing with him and watching him play. He's such a funny kid and very determined.
He climbed up the big slide all my himself.

But once he got up there he got a little scared.

So Dad went down the slide with him to show him how it's done. After that Tanner loved it and he wanted to go down the slide over and over.

He also really enjoys the swings.

Even though we looked bundled up, it actually was really nice weather compared with the weather we had earlier.


Then we had another RANDOM snow storm. This time we got about 5 inches. It was enough to play in so Tanner and I bundled up again and braved the cold weather. Unfortunately, it was a dry snow and didn't pack well. But Tanner had fun for a little while.



Then he was ready to go inside for some hot cocoa. He loves hot cocoa and its one of the few words he'll say at the correct time. He'll drag me into the kitchen and point to the pantry, where its kept and say "cocoa, cocoa". Its actually pretty dang cute.

Then this past weekend it was almost 70 degrees. Crazy!!! Tanner and I met some friends at the park and we played there for almost 2 hours. Tanner loves the park. He really loved the merry go round. It was his first time and I almost couldn't get him off it.



We've been having lots of fun and staying busy. Between church, playgroup, volunteering, and the normal day-to-day stuff we are always up to something. Supposedly there is another ice/snow storm on its way- should be here Tuesday or Wednesday. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Almost 70?? That's ridiculous! I'm so jealous. Tanner is cute- as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the weather on Saturday! It was perfect. Too bad it can't stay that way. Looks like you guys had fun. I love Tanner- he's so cute! And Jessica is adorable too... I see her there behind Tanner on the slide.

    ReplyDelete