Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!

We kicked off the NEW YEAR with a BIG SURPRISE!
My sister Sarah got engaged!!!
It was so cute. Her boyfriend, Johnny, flew out on New Year's Eve and surprised her with an engagement ring. It was really sweet and she of course said yes!
They are planning on getting married in April after their winter semester is over. I can't even tell you how excited I am. She asked me to plan her wedding. I have very little experience planning weddings- my mother-in-law planned most of mine, but I'm THRILLED! My Dad is going to give us a budget and the rest is up to Sarah, Mom and I. SO MUCH FUN!

Anyway here is the rest of our new years story. We got home on the 30th but our luggage didn't. We went over to my parent's house that night and said hi to everyone. All my family was home from college so we were all together for the first time since summer. It was so fun. Then we went home and Tanner had somehow gotten sick again, so he slept (well tried to sleep-he was coughing all night) in our bed. The next day we got up at about noon and went back over to my parents. We were still tired from our early morning flight and long day of traveling, but we wanted to get all the time in with my siblings that we could. Our luggage arrived around 3 and that was a relief.
That night we started our party. Sarah had no idea that Johnny was on his way to the house, so we were all trying not to spill the beans.
We went into the living room to have Christmas again, because we still had gifts to exchange and we had left all Tanner's gifts home.
Tanner passing out presents. They actually all went straight to me- not that they were for me, but he loved handing them all to me.


Dad and Tanner opening one of Tanner's presents


Then right in the middle of present opening Dad tells Sarah to run down to the basement to get a present he'd hidden for Mom. Sarah went downstairs and found Johnny. We were all anxiously waiting for her to scream in surprise but there was nothing but quiet. Turns out they were both so nervous they could hardly stand, let alone scream in surprise or joy. When she came back up to the living room she had a ring on her finger and a fiance in hand. It was a pretty great surprise.
Seriously- how cute are they?



Earlier that day Sarah had busied herself by making two delicious pies. Then we made some appetizers and drinks. We celebrated their engagement and the new year with fun, food and games.
Tanner even stayed up to ring in the new year. (I know I'm a bad mom- but he was having so much fun). Chris took Tanner to bed around midnight and I stayed up to play more games. I finally went to bed at 3 and boy was I tired.
Right after the ball dropped

Tanner trying the sparkling cider- It was not a favorite!

The next morning we met some friends for breakfast and then the men of the family spent the day doing man things, like shooting and watching "True Grit".
It was a great New Years and I know this year has so much to offer.
I wont bore you with my goals for the new year, but I have high hopes for myself, my marriage and my family.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

  1. yay! love it. and i love how you blogged about my engagement before i did. you're so on top of things. i already miss you guys! and tanner and his hilarious personality haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you got to spend time with all your fam before they came back to Utah. Tanner is so cute. And thanks for the engagement story. I love it! I can't wait for Sarah to post her own version of it. :)

    ReplyDelete