Sunday, September 5, 2010

Last few days of Summer

Tanner and I have been trying to enjoy the last few days of Summer, before it gets cool outside. The past few days have been heavenly- 75 degrees and sunny- perfect park weather. Too bad Chris had to stay home and study for his classes! :(
Tanner had a blast at the kiddy park on Friday.
He rode the bike and the horse spring toys


He played in the swing for a while. He loved to lean forward when the swing came forward and then slam himself back when the swing went backward. Such a weird kid!

But the main attraction was definitely the slide. He loved going down it.

And playing around the base of it where he could bang on the shiny part with his fist.

He has really been walking a lot lately and he had to discover the hard way, how hard it is to walk on the little rocks in the playground. He fell down and banged his head on the slide. And because his skin is so fair, every little bump shows up as a huge purple bruise. Poor kid!
Then later that night he crashed into the piano and got another HUGE goose egg on his forehead. I swear I don't beat Tanner, but by the looks of him, you'd think I do.

Yesterday we kicked off football season with an awesome HOGS game. Growing up with my Dad, you learned about the importance of Razorback football pretty early. We learned to call the hogs at a very young age. So in preparation for the game, I decked everyone out in Razorback RED.

Tanner looked so festive. Aunt Stephanie sent him this jersey and then I dressed him in these windpants and Nike tennis shoes. To finish the look we had to add the black to his cheeks. He was so ready for GAME DAY!


Then we put this HOG SNOUT on him. He was so funny with it. He really just wanted to chew on it, but he cooperate for a few cute pictures.



He was pretty good during the game. He thought us calling the hogs was pretty funny. And laughed a ton when Papa snorted at him. But in the end, he loved snuggling with his Great-Grams the best.

It was a great game- we kicked trash. We even brought in our 3rd string quarterback at the end to give him some game time. We were pretty comfortable with the score at that point- up by about 40 points. What a way to kick off the season!

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of Tanner with Grams and you all look so good in your Razorback red! I am totally jealous of your little getaway (I say that but I really am not sure how well I could leave my boys). What a fun trip and way to score on all the free stuff! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete