Sunday, September 19, 2010

Baxter County Fair Week

I realize that a small county fair might not seem like a big deal to most people, but I grew up going to the fair and loving it. From the Kiwani's burgers and foot long corn dogs to the fried Twinkies- you've got to love fair food. When I was younger I use to love to waste my allowance on the games at the fair. I'd win all sorts of dumb prizes that I'd lose the next day and I LOVED IT. I have so many fun memories at the fair. However, when I left for College 5 years ago I didn't realize what I'd be leaving behind. (my youth and my ability to not get sick on rides) Last year, after being gone for 4 years, I went to the county fair with Chris. We left Tanner with Nanny and Papa and headed to the fair to eat some yummy food and ride lots of rides. On about our third ride I came to a very very sad realization. I'm getting old! We got off the "Scrambler" and I was sick at my stomach and dizzy enough that I couldn't walk straight. It wasn't the fun kind of dizzy either. Walking was a real challenge. Chris was the same way, so we looked like a couple of drunk sailors. Pathetic. This year I came up with the perfect solution. Go to the Fair. Enjoy the food, the games, the exhibits. Ride the "kiddie" rides with Tanner. PERFECT- no need to make myself sick. So we went, we rode the rides, saw the animals, and it was so fun. Tanner loved riding around on Papa's shoulders Tanner was only big enough to ride two rides- the "Merry-go-Round" and the "Dizzy Dragons" We rode those rides over and over and with Nanny and Papa's help- I got some cute pictures of my little man. First we rode the "Merry-go-Round" I'm not sure who had more fun, Tanner or me.... Such a big boy! Then Nanny and Papa took Tanner on the "Dizzy Dragons" He wasn't too sure what he thought about this one. I was taking pictures and every time their dragon would swing around and face me I would try and snap a pictures... This is the results. Finally a still shot. He sure loves his Nanny and Papa. Then Nanny and Papa took him on the "Merry-go-Round" again. Look Mom- NO HANDS Then we all went on the "Dizzy Dragons" Tanner and I inside our Dragon And we ended by riding the carriage on the "Merry-go-Round" Tanner, Nanny and I riding AGAIN! We took Tanner to see the animals too. That was pretty funny. He liked all the animals that were smaller than him, which included, miniature goat, bunny rabbits, one calf and that's it. The cows and big goats and sheep scared him. Tanner with the bunnies. Tanner checking out the little goat All in all though, I'd say his first Fair experience was pretty good. I can't wait to go back next year when he can ride more rides. So fun! Just as we were leaving the fair Only thing that could have made it better was if Chris could have been there. He's gone for two weeks for annual training for the National Guard. UGH!
Here's a video of Tanner dancing at the fair parade. When the music starts he just can't contain himself. Also this past week we had the County Fair Parade. We went last year too, but Tanner was too little to be able to enjoy it. Let me assure you- this year he fully enjoyed it. Tanner and I walking around...and around and around. This kid loved walking on the side of the road. Me and my boy Sweet face I guess Tanner must have one heck of a puppy dog look- because people marching in the parade kept handing him suckers. Tanner with his loot Tanner eating his first sucker. That's it for the fair. But I have a few more fun picture for the week. Tanner loves to take baths in Nanny's sink because he gets to do this... And this is Tanner folding his arms. We've been practicing this week. He's starting to get the hang of it. Its so cute. And last but not least, Tanner helping me wash the car. He had blast with the hose. Could that picture be anymore ARKANSAS? No shirt, no shoes, no problems! LOVE IT! And here's a video of Tanner on the "Merry-go-Round" with Nanny and Papa. Papa thought I was taking pictures not a video so don't laugh at his funny expressions... well don't laugh too hard.

5 comments:

  1. Awesome. Tanner even scored a cigarette with those suckers! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Em. I died laughing. He's so cute shakin his booty! Haha. I can't wait to see you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i love dad's expression at the end of that video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's getting so big!!! I can't believe what a little boy he is now! I'm glad you guys had fun at the fair. I'm jealous! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and funny boy! Love the dance moves and love your happy boy!

    ReplyDelete