Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Changes in the Fall

I'm loving the changing weather. I'm sick of the heat and its been cooling off for the last week or so. So nice.
We've been enjoying some outdoor time and grilling dinner in the cool evening air.
Tanner loves to help Dad grill dinner.



Besides the changing weather, Tanner has also hit a big milestone. Well he hit it a couple months ago, but then quit walking altogether. I think he just figured he was safer crawling. But all of the sudden he's started walking everywhere. Not just walking though, walking like a pro. He hardly ever falls, he can turn no problem and I've even seem him walk sideways. Crazy. I guess he was just waiting to walk more once he figured out how to ROCK at it! Oh and he loves to carry his animal cracker box around with him. He's so funny.


Also, I colored my hair last week. I told the stylist I wanted to go "natural" but because of the blond coloring I had in there before, we had to go a little darker than natural. But I like it. Its fun for a change.
Here are a few of my new hair.



We had Tanner's 1-Year pictures taken this week and a few family shots. It was so fun. We had the same photographer who took Tanner's newborn pictures take these. She's great. We've only seen the ones on her blog so far, but I can't wait to see the rest.

Today I watched my friend Tamara's girls so her and her hubby could go out for her Birthday lunch. I love her girls. They are so sweet. I had been playing on doing yogurt finger-painting with Tanner today and so we just did it with the girls too. Tanner was more into than the girls. They got their hands a little covered in yogurt and then wanted to get cleaned up. Tanner however was treating it like a slip-n-slide. He LOVED it. I didn't get pictures of that because I was too busy trying to keep the girls from falling down the porch steps, But I got a few cute ones of three of them on the yogurt covered table cloth.


After that we watched "Little Mermaid" and ate a snack. It was fun.


Its so fun to have other kids around to play with Tanner. Tanner loves it. When they left Tanner cried. He seriously needs a sibling.
But I guess until then, a cousin will have to do. Oh and how convenient- Clark Randall Drake was born last Thursday. He was 10 lbs 10 oz and 21 inches long. He's a total doll. We're so glad he's finally here. Hurry and grow Clark so Tanner can play with you.

Yesterday I made some fun fall crafts. I love to decorate my house for the different seasons and holidays and these just seemed to fit.
First I made the dryer duct pumpkins.


Seriously easy. Check out the tutorial here.
Then I made this Halloween candy jar.

Also really easy. Here is the tutorial for this craft too. Hope everyone is enjoying their fall so far. I know we are.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Em...love the hair! You are beautiful in any color! I also LOVED the photos on the photographer's blog. Tanner is so stinkin' photogenic!!! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete