Saturday, October 31, 2009

Tricks and Treats

I've had so much fun this year with Halloween. I've made lots of fun treats and having Tanner just makes the whole holiday more fun. He's so fun to take pictures of and to play with. He's such a good baby that I just can't get enough of him. I made Tanner's costume last week, but then when I had him try it on six days later- we sat him up- and the zipper ripped out. He's such a little chunker. So then I decided to remake it- but I waited until two days before this time. Luckily he didn't out grow it this time.
So after making Tanner's costume twice- we finally got our act together- this is the herb family- Halloween 2009.Chris is Zeus, I'm Hera, and Tanner is Hercules.


Here is a close up of Tanner- He's so fun and didn't cry at all!


We had a blast. We went to the ward party for a little bit. Tanner hasn't been feeling very well this week after he got his shots on monday, so we didn't stay long. We ate some Chilli, saw the costume parade then headed to my parents house. We watched the orginal Dracula and Frankenstein with them while Tanner slept. It was fun- I'd never actually seen the original movies.
While we watched we enjoyed the halloween treats my mom and I had made a few days before. Here are some of the things we made

Scary Snack Mix

Ding-a-ling Spiders

Candy corn pudding cups

Donut hole eyeballs

Oreo magic dragon
I also made these little halloween place settings. Teethy grin plates, mummy napkins and pumpkin glasses.


All in all, a great halloween. I can hardly wait to start planning our costumes for next year. It will be so fun, because hopefully Tanner will be walking by then, and we will get to go to the kid's halloween festival and the hayride. And he'll be old enough to understand more of whats going on. I hope everyone had a safe and fun halloween!

6 comments:

  1. Hello Emily? Hera? I'm guessing you're not so much a Greek mythology buff, and decided to follow along with the 'disney version'. Because Hera was not Hercules' mom. In fact, Hera tried to kill him on multiple occassions. :-D I love you and your costumes! Tanner is adorable, as usual! And you're way too domestic. I'm going to make my mom look at all your treats, she'll be jealous you're not her daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha- I just googled Zeus' wife- and it told me her name was Hera.
    Tell you're mom I used that halloween magazine she gave me last year for all my treats- she'll be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hercules, hercules! Cute family costumes. I need to make more of an effort and make Cam dress up next year! Your treats looked so cute, and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Maren!
    Chris agreed to dress up with me on Halloween because its just one day a year- and he's a really good sport about it. I think we'll do Dorothy, scarecrow and Tanner can be the cowardly lion next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em, you will be such a good mommy to your 10 kids in 10 years. :) They will all love making fun treats with you for the holidays!

    Oh, and cute costumes! You all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha- 10 kids in 10 years. You are crazy! We're thinking more like 4 kids in 7-8 years. Thanks though Jules- I really love the holidays-gives me an excuse to make fun crafts. Can't wait till next year when Tanner will be able to enjoy halloween too.

    ReplyDelete