Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tanner Meets Grandpa Herb and More

This past week Tanner got to meet his other Grandpa. Grandpa Herb flew in from Oregon for a seed meeting in Kansas City, and he drove down to see us. Tanner adored his grandpa. They had a lot of fun together- Tanner smiled and talked so much to him. Sometimes I'll be talking to him, and its like he's trying so hard to tell me things, but he just can't get the words out right. Its so funny!

Luckily, Tanner hasn't reached the stage where he is scared of strangers- because he gets passed around so much, and smiles and talks to everyone!
While Grandpa was here we went to the fish hatchery in Norfork and walked around there. It was kind of random- but it was a nice way to enjoy the weather.

Family picture at the fish Hatchery.
Its a pretty big hatchery and it was a beautiful day. It was really nice the whole time Grandpa Herb was here. In the high 70's and clear skies.

Every time the sun got in tanner's face he would cry- so we put this hat on him. He doesn't like hats- but this helped with the sun. I can't believe its November with the weather we've been having.
Unfortunately, Grandpa wasn't feeling 100% so we took him back to his hotel room so we didn't get to do a whole lot.

On Saturday, Tanner and I went with my parents to Laura's cross-country meet. It was the State competition. Laura did really good- placing 15th out of over 70 girls. Each girl was in the top 10 from her team- so she really was racing against the best of the best. Her team won the championship. It was another beautiful day. I think the high was about 80. I had Tanner in a little hat because I was afraid he was going to get sunburned. He isn't out in the sun very often and his skin is so fair. Poor kid is going to burn so easy- I'll have to smother him in sunblock whenever we got swimming.

Here is Tanner with his Nanny- watching Laura and her team at the awards ceremony.

Tanner blowing bubbles while we all watch Laura compete at her cross country meet.

Also, We've been working with Tanner trying to get him on his tummy more. He really hates being on his tummy. He just screams and yells until you pick him up- so you can see why we don't put him on his tummy very often. However, I want to make sure his motor development is on track- so we have about 10-20 minutes of Tummy time everyday. Its such torture.

Holding his head up high- this is really good for Tanner. He held it there for about 2 minutes. Trust me- that's definite improvement!

Again today, he tried so hard to get his head up. Its amazing how something we think is so simple is so hard for babies to learn.

Here is Tanner after he's given up trying to hold his head up. Isn't that pathetic? Poor little guy!

Tanner and I had to go to church alone today because Chris had drill for the National guard. It was the first time for me- having to get Tanner dressed and ready by myself on a hectic Sunday morning. By some miracle- we made it there on time and didn't forget anything at home or in the car.

Tanner in his Sunday clothes. I just love getting him all dressed up.

We leave on Saturday for Utah to visit my family and friends there. We will be there for a few days then on to Oregon. I'm sure I will have lots to write about when we get back- two weeks later. But until then- HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast he's growing... It really seems like yesterday you had him. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know- Its kinda sad. Chris keeps saying he wants Tanner to stay small forever. But Tanner is determined to grow up too quickly.

    ReplyDelete