Monday, October 19, 2009

The Start of Another Week


This is a classic Tanner pose- He loves to lay against his Dad. And that pot belly is no optical illusion- he is such a chunker!

Tanner and I playing together- he is so fun to watch because he makes the funniest faces. And last night- I'm convinced he was trying to laugh- it was the cutest thing ever!

I just love to snuggle this baby- he is so cute and cuddly. He loves to be held and snuggle up to you.

This is what Tanner wore to church yesterday. I love this little outfit- too bad its starting to get cold and the little shirt has short sleeves.


Tanner all bundled up before we go to cheer Laura on at her Cross Country meet- after I got him in the car seat all bundled, he slept the entire meet. The cold and wind didn't even bother him with that car seat canopy.


I think that God must have blessed us with an awesome baby because if Tanner would have been a hard baby or had colic- he would probably be an only child. I'm SO glad Chris and Tanner are such good buds- Chris loves to come home at lunch and see Tanner. He holds him most of his lunch break and Tanner loves to smile and play with him. Its a nice break for me- because I'm pretty sure Tanner gets tired of seeing me all day.

I can't get over how much he has grown during these last few weeks- he's started gaining weight and now he doesn't know how to stop. His little face has really filled out. He's doing a lot better at nursing- it only takes about 15-20 minutes and he's sleeping 6 hours stretches- if not more at night. He slept through the night twice last week. I'm hoping we are on our way to a full night's rest every night. I think at that point- we'll put him in his nursery.

I'm so grateful that I get to stay home and be with Tanner during the day- I think I'd miss way to much if I was still working. On Thursdays my Mom will watch Tanner for a few hours while I have some "me" time- but by the end of my 4 hours- I'm so ready to hold my baby again. Its crazy!

We're getting really excited for Thanksgiving. We are leaving for Utah on Nov. 14th to visit my sister Sarah, my brother Joesph and his wife Julieta, and Jon and Julie Arndt. Hopefully we'll get to see Kelsey- she's getting off her mission in two weeks, and Christie and her family. I haven't seen Bree since she was three months old- now she is 1. I'm so excited. Then we're heading out to Oregon to spend Thanksgiving with Chris' family. And I have two new little nephews I haven't met yet- so that will be fun. We'll have all three little boys together. I can hardly wait. I really miss my sister-in-law Stephanie- we got really close when we lived in Oregon for 5 months- and it was like loosing one of my best friends when we moved to Arkansas. So it will be fun to hang out together again.

It hardly seems fair that my life is so awesome right now, I can't help but think that God must have some big trial up ahead, because no one person should be this happy.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to check earlier, but we were having some internet problems... O my goodness!!! He is so adorable! I love the little church outfit, and I'm so jealous you have a snuggly baby, Bree has never been very snuggly. I'm so excited to meet him and see you guys next month!!!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks- We're pretty crazy about him- if you couldn't tell. I really hope he is always a snuggly baby- and this isn't just a phase. I love his cuddles. Its the best.
    I'm so excited to see you too. See you in a month!

    ReplyDelete