Thursday, August 3, 2023

Bailey's 12th Birthday

We just had a great time celebrating our girl. 
Bailey turned 12 today and I can hardly believe it. 
We celebrated by getting lunch followed by a boba smoothie- courtesy of Aunt Sarah. 
Aunt Sarah always sends money for the kids to get a treat on their birthdays. They love it. 

That afternoon I set up for her birthday party. 
It was just a small family party this year and it was just our family in attendance. 
We literally got home from Oregon on Monday so it's been a quick birthday window. 
But Bailey loved her party and I did too. It was the perfect theme for my favorite book-loving girl. 


She asked for a chocolate Bundt cake and this one was a delicious chocolate sour cream with a fudgey ganache topping. It was honestly one of the easier birthday cakes that I've made over the years. 




I did buy these mini bundt cakes called Bundtinis from "nothing Bundt" and they were all delicious. There were four different flavors and we had to all try them all. 
We also served root beer because its one of Bailey's favorites!



The last treat was this zebra popcorn. The little popcorn cones made from book pages is one of my favorite little details. 
 









This theme was so fun to style and sometime in the next few days I'm going to move the book collage to her room and install it over her bed. It just screams Bailey. 
I love this girl of mine. 


 






We finished off our night by having one of Bailey's favorite meals, Steak, fettuccini alfredo and broccoli. She was one happy girl!

We opened presents and then just hung out and watched a movie together. It was a really nice quiet day spent celebrating our favorite girl. Happy 12th Birthday Bailey Boo!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment