Monday, August 14, 2023

Back to School Dates

School is about to start and that means one thing- "back to school dates" and this year did not disappoint. 
I got to take 3 of the 4 kids on dates this year and it was so fun. 
First up, I took Benson out for his date. He chose to go to Poke Bowl for dinner. That kid loves poke bowl so much and its so funny. The bowl he loves is the "ocean bowl" and its filled with raw fish like tuna and salmon. It also has crab and shrimp. Benson loves it. 

After dinner we went to get snow cones from Brain Freeze. 
This place has the best whips as well and we both got snow cones with whips on top. They were delicious. 

We followed our dessert with a night at the pool. The pool was mostly empty so we enjoyed playing together for about an hour. Then we headed home to take showers and get ready for bed. 

That same night Chris took Tucker out for his back-to-school date. Tucker chose to go to "Flying fish" and he loved his meal. Tucker said he wants to go back to "Flying Fish" for his birthday lunch too. He really enjoyed it. 


After dinner they went out to Braum's to get ice cream. Tucker got a huge cookie dough sundae and he was so excited about it. 

Then Dad and Tucker played at the neighborhood park and then the pool. We passed them on our way home from the pool. 
They had so much fun throwing the football in the pool and playing together. 
Tucker said he loved his date with his Dad and it was so good for their relationship. 
Tucker is typically a mama's boy so I think it made Chris happy that Tucker chose to go with him on his date. 


A couple of days later I got to take Bailey out on her date. 
She picked "Olive Garden" for her dinner and that was no surprise to me. She loves "Olive Garden" and was so excited for her meal. 
Then we left to go over to "Petland" at the mall in Rogers. 
I had made a reservation and so we got to go in and pick a couple of puppies to play with and just snuggle.
They want you to adopt the puppies, but the do allow you to just come play with the dogs too. 
They put you in individual cubicles and let you play as long as you want. 
Bailey was in absolute heaven! Honestly, I was too. It was so fun. 
We picked a bulldog puppy and a cavapoo- which is a puppy that is half cavalier and half poodle. 
These puppies were the cutest and we had so much fun playing and snuggling them.

 

 






 
We ended our date night at Andy's and enjoyed some delicious frozen custard. 


The next night I got to go on my last back to school date. 
I took Tanner out and we had so much fun. 
First we went out for sushi. Tanner is my sushi kid and is always game for it. 
Then I took him out to "6th Dimension" and we played virtual reality games together.
This was seriously so fun. I was terrible at it, but we laughed and had a blast. 
Tanner was way better then me and I offered to just let him play a solo game, but he wanted to play with me. We played "beat saber" and it was a really cool game. I was just not very good at it. 
After playing at "6th Dimension"  we went to Andy's to get dessert. 
As per usual, it was delicious.

Now all the back to school dates are over and school starts in just a few days. I really can't believe we are about to start another school year. 
I feel like our summer flew by. We were gone for most the summer. I think we were only home for about 4 weeks total. But it was such a great summer. We made countless memories and had so many adventures with cousins and friends. 

Now onto another school year. Stay tuned for our first day of school!






No comments:

Post a Comment