Saturday, October 23, 2021

Bailey the Cheerleader


I can hardly believe the cheer season is over. It's been a lot of fun. 
Bailey asked to join cheer and I agreed. But then when I went to the parent meeting I discovered they didn't have enough coaches. Bailey's team needed a coach and the woman in charge basically begged me. I agreed without knowing much about it and without any experience and it has been a ride.
We practiced twice a week a first and then went down to once a week.
I did get a volunteer from Bentonville West Hight School to come help and teach the girls.
This was a huge help since I literally knew nothing. 
The girls learned quickly and by our first game they were looking pretty great in their cute uniforms and perky high ponytails. 







The weather wasn't always great, but the girls were troopers. Sometimes they cuddled together under blankets in between cheers to keep warm but they still kept their spirits up. 

They learned some ground stunts and they were so cute cheering together!


Sometimes after practice we would wait in my van until all the parents arrived. The girls loved rocking out to music while we waited. I enjoyed getting to see my girl in her element with her friends. 
One week it poured on us halfway into our game and the game was eventually called for weather, but the girls were still smiling, even in their ponchos. 


One night we got together and took team and individual pictures. I love how they turned out and so does Bailey. She loves wearing her costume and she loves cheering. 

 




Our team consisted of 5 girls, 
Ariana, Bailey, Alivia, Avery & Chloe. 
These girls became close friends and I consider the season a success. 


We had our Championship game last week and we won so the "TIGERS" were the 5th grade champions and we were proud to cheer them on all season!
We will have our end of Season party in a few weeks but I would say Bailey is pretty smitten with cheer and I can definitely see her wanting to do it again next year. Whether I will coach again, I don't know, but I will support her if she would like to cheer again. 
I sure love my girl!



No comments:

Post a Comment