Monday, January 1, 2018

And a Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!!
2018 has come and I can hardly believe it's here.
The past year has been amazing. Benson joined our family. Tanner was baptized, Chris and I celebrated 10 years of marriage. I turned 30 years old and we had awesome family vacations.
I feel so incredibly blessed.

Now, as great as 2017 was, I have a feeling that 2018 has the potential to be even better.
I have taken a job as a partner on a blog. My friend Lacey asked me to join her on her blog and I'm so excited about it. We are basically twins in our interests and hobbies so pairing up on a DIY blog makes sense for us.
I'm hoping to make decent money at this blog this year and have a little financial freedom.
I'm very excited. We have the chance to travel to different conferences and possibly even Hawaii.
It could be so great. I'm determined to work hard and we'll see how this goes. 
Besides that, I'm also resolving to spend more time with my kids, just being present. Talking, playing and laughing more. Chris and I are going to go on more dates and it's going to be a great year. 

Now onto how we partied. We partied so hard on NYE.
We had a "sparkle and shine" themed party and it was so fun. 







Really though- look at this party animal! He's so cute!
We used this fun gold foil curtain as a backdrop for our photo prop fun. 


So we let each kid pick out what they wanted for dinner. They each chose their favorite food and we made it for them. Tanner had pot stickers. Bailey picked chili cheese fries and Tuck wanted Mac-n-cheese. They loved  getting to pick the menu and it made the night so fun. 
After dinner we played games. For Christmas we got tons of kid-friendly board games and we spent our NYE playing all of them.
We played Kerplunk, Hot Potato, Uno, Candy Land and Operation. 

Then we watched a Netflix NYE count down and drank our sparkling cider. The kids did poppers and horns and we had a great time. 

May 2018 be as amazing as we hope. Here's to a brand new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment