Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Elm Tree Elementary Fun

Last week the little boys and I went to the kids' school to watch them run in the Wildcat Fun run. It was the day after Halloween and it was freezing. But we survived. Little Benson spent the whole time snuggled up in the stroller. He was so good. Tucker helped me cheer for the kids. 
First up was Bailey's run- the first graders were a little more unorganized but they pulled it together. 
Bailey loved it. The lap were tiny and so the kids felt like it was doable. Each kid ran 30 laps. It seemed like a lot but they did great. 

Tucker gave Bailey hugs whenever she did a lap. They are such cute little friends. 
I love this girl and her sweet smiles. 
After each lap the kids got a mark on their shirt and it indicated how many laps the had completed. 

Every 5 laps or so was a silly lap- like walk backwards, bunny hop or dance. It made it fun for the kids. Bailey loved the bunny hop lap. 
I love that a friend caught this picture. This was after Bailey finished her last lap. Tucker and I were so proud of Bailey. He kept cheering for her. It was adorable. 


Look at these cute little first-grade friends (Bailey, Chloe Caresia and Jonah Schilling.)

After the first graders finished their run they went inside and then the second graders lined up.
Tanner's class won the pledge contest and so they were announced first. It was pretty cute. 
Tanner has so much enthusiasm for everything he does in life and I love that about him. 
First they did a pace lap to get everyone moving. You can see Tanner right at the front. Loving his life. 
Then they were off running. Tanner finished really fast. 
He also got a special shout out for the MC for his amazing dance moves during the dance lap. He was so thrilled and showed off all his cool moves. I was cracking up. 
I know this isn't a great picture, but I love him giving me a thumbs up. It's so cute. 
So proud of this boy. After he finished he stood at the sidelines and cheered for all his classmates. 
So even though it was freezing cold, both kids had a great time at their races and we had a great time cheering for them. Hopefully next year their "Fun Run" is during a warmer part of the school year. November 1st is too cold. 

Then today I went with Bailey's class to the Amazeum for a class field trip.
First graders are so energetic. I was worn out after this field trip but it was so fun to see Bailey with her friends and totally in her element. 


These piglets were the biggest hit. All the kids loved playing with them. 
This is Bailey and her friend Morgan, they were so cute together. 

The group of kids I was in charge of were all really great. I had three girls and three boys and we had a great time playing together. 
I'm grateful for good Mom friends who watch my little kids so I can go to things like this.
It was lots of fun and Bailey loved having me there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment