Friday, September 11, 2015

Kindergarten Happenings

So we are loving kindergarten so much. Tanner seriously skips and bounces into school each day with excitement. He loves school so much and happily goes every morning. 
A couple weeks after school started his elementary school hosted a snow cone fundraiser. We couldn't miss the chance to eat snow cones and support his school, so of course we had to go. 
Tanner loved getting to pick out which flavors he wanted. I think he put a little bit of every single flavor in his cone. lol. We met some friends there and we had a lot of fun together. 
It was the middle of August, so it was still hot outside. This was the perfect way to cool off. 
Even tucker enjoyed a little snow cone. 
Here's the whole group. We sure love the Christensens. Tanner adores the boys and they all play so well together. 
Here's Ryan, Andrew and Tanner. Seriously, I love these boys. They are so cute!
Bailey loved wearing a lei and thought it was the prettiest thing ever. 
Tucker just wanted to run around carrying his snow cones. 
Near the end of our outing, Tanner decided he wanted to help advertise for the fundraiser. He stood on the corner by his school with this sign. He's so fun!

We are also getting use to the homework routine. Every day when Tanner gets home, he gets a "welcome home" snack (that's what he calls his after school snack) and then we do his homework. He happily sits at the counter and works on his homework. I just love his enthusiasm. 


Then about two weeks later we went to the "Wildcat Roundup" at Tanner school. It was another fundraiser and it was like a little carnival. So fun. I got a sitter for Bailey and Tucker so Tanner and I could go alone. There were bouncy houses. 
We ran into the Christensens too. 
Tanner enjoyed playing the games. 
The ring toss was so funny to watch. He was concentrating so hard. 
We also ran into Tanner's little bud, Braxton. Little cuties!
We ate dinner, then indulged in some cotton candy and we got a treat from the ice cream truck.
There was also a dunk tank for the vice principal and Tanner got to explore fire trucks, police cars and a school bus. 
Our last stop was the water slide. Since I didn't bring a change of clothes for him, I had him wait til right before we left to do the water slide. He was so excited. 
I don't think he expected it to be so cold. Lol. 
But he was a champ.  
I had so much fun with my little man. He's such a fun age and I'm really enjoying him right now. I just love him and our time together!
Then today I got to go with Tanner on his first field trip. His class went to go see "Shrek the musical". It was just like the movie, weird and crude, but Tanner and his class loved it.
We saw it at the "Arend Arts Center" 
I got to sit right next to him and he loved that I got to come. 
It was so fun to hear Tanner and his class laughing. 


Here is Tanner walking out the bus to go back to school. I just love my little kindergartner.
 He's the cutest. 

I'm grateful I've been able to be so present in his kindergarten career so far. His school has lots of opportunities for parents to be involved and it's been so fun.
We are seriously loving Kindergarten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment