Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tanner's First 5K- Glow Run

Last Saturday Tanner and I ran his first 5K. It was a glow run and it was so much fun. Before the race we got our faces painted with glow-in-the-dark paint and then decked ourselves out with glow sticks. 
Tanner loved getting all ready for the run. It was adorable to see how excited he was. 
Here we are before the race started
Just me and my boy.
Almost time for the race, some real quick giggles before taking off. 
Nanny and Bailey came to cheer for us. Tucker and Papa had to stay home so Tucker could sleep. 

We don't have any after pics but I can tell you all about the race. Tanner was a total rock star. He took off sprinting and I figured he would burn out pretty quick. However, I was wrong. I was completely surprised by this kid's stamina. I kept asking if he needed to walk for a while and he just kept saying "No mom. Keep running. We can win chocolate milk" So we ran the entire first mile. Then we ran some more. He only walked for about 10 second intervals until the last lap. But he happily ran across the finish line. We finished in 36:08 minutes. I'm so proud of my boy. 
He did get his chocolate milk afterwards and he was so happy about that. 
He can't wait to run another race and neither can I. 


No comments:

Post a Comment