Monday, October 6, 2014

Parent's Day at Tanner's Preschool

                      Today was "Parent's Day" at Tanner's preschool. One of my friends watched Bailey and Tucker for me while I took Tanner to preschool and stayed for "parent's day". 
Tanner absolutely loves preschool. Every time I wake him for school he pops right out of bed because he's so excited to go back. After spending the morning with him and seeing what one of his days at preschool is like, I don't blame him for being excited. His preschool is awesome. 
First thing they do is wash their hands, then they get to play until all the kids arrive. Then they do "calendar time". They learn about the day of the week and sing their "days of the week" song.             
                                     
Then they do circle time around the rug. Each kid sits on a letter around the border of the rug. Then they sing lots of really adorable songs. Here they are doing the ocean song. Tanner is making his fish face. 
Here is the chicken song. It was pretty funny to see all these kids dancing together. I was cracking up. I love watching Tanner interact with the other kids. 
After "circle time" they have open play during "center time". They can wander freely throughout the classroom and play in different centers. They have so many fun centers. 
Tanner apparently is obsessed with this fireman costume. His teacher says he wants to play with it EVERY day. 
His class room is so cute. They have painting centers, sand centers, arts and crafts center, dress up center, a library and lots of others. It's so cute. 
Here is Tanner talking to one of the teachers, Ms. Marci. He loves both his teachers and I feel so blessed to have such sweet ladies taking care of my boy 3-days a week. 
It was so fun to get to spend the morning with Tanner and watch him interact with his little buddies. It was a relief to see the other little boys playing just as wildly as Tanner. He's just a normal, wild 5-year old boy apparently. Lol.
I LOVE this little man so much. He's growing up way too fast.
I'm so happy he enjoys preschool so much. Everyday he tells me about what he learns and he tells me all about his lessons. One day he told me the complete life cycle of an apple and another day I learned all about "arachnids" from my little guy. He's learning so much and its amazing how much he's grown in just one month of preschool. 
Thank you "Explore and Discover" preschool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment