Sunday, October 5, 2014

Conference Weekend in Mountain Home

Friday after Tanner's preschool was over, we drove over to Mountain Home. Chris had drill in Little Rock so he couldn't come. It was also General Conference weekend, so I didn't have to be at church. It worked out really well for the kids and I to go visit. They were awesome little travelers and we made good time. 
My Aunt Lynnette and Uncle Clark were also visiting, so we got to see them. We all had dinner together Friday night and when Aunt Lynnette arrived she brought each of the kids a little Halloween goody bag with fun treats inside. How sweet is she???
The kids really enjoyed these lollipop monster mouths. 

And they had glow sticks inside too. These were lots of fun once it got dark outside. 
Tucker also enjoyed some one-on-one time with his Great-Aunt. I think the adoration was mutual. 

After dinner, visiting and playing for a while, it was time to get ready for bed. Papa and Tucker got to spend some time together before bed. 

And then they promptly put each other to sleep.  I seriously love this picture!!!
Saturday we watched General Conference with Nanny and Papa. Tanner and Bailey did pretty good. They didn't watch for long but they were good. At one point I heard Tanner softly singing to himself. When I listened harder, I heard that he was singing "We Thank thee oh God for a Prophet." How adorable is that? I had packed a bunch of activities for the kids to do during conference, which they did and enjoyed. But their favorite thing was this "Bag of Bones" Aunt Lynnette brought over these white cheddar Cheetos in the shape of bones. The kids loved them. 

Oh Tucker, you make me smile all the time. 
Here is Tanner trying to act like he doesn't like me....
Saturday night we had jack-o-lantern pizza and watched a Halloween movie with the cousins. 
Then it was time for a cousins bath and bed. 
And Tucker even got a bath in Nanny's sink. He was a big fan. 
Sunday we had a big breakfast with Nanny and Papa and then we watched conference. 
After the morning session of conference we headed home.
It was a wonderful weekend but we were ready to see Daddy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment