Monday, September 3, 2012

It was a Monster Bash!

We had Tanner's 3rd birthday party last weekend. I had to keep pushing his party back because I was recovering so slowly. Well Sept 1st was the big day. Tanner woke up so excited that morning because he saw all the party decorations around the house waiting to be put up. He insisted on me "making him handsome" by doing his hair and then he wanted a picture with the monsters...such a funny kid


I had planned a big water party for his birthday, but we woke up to grey skies and the occassional sprinkle. I was heartbroken.But then,20 mins before the party the clouds parted and the sun began to peek around the clouds. So we got to have the party outside. And I frantically started decorating. Here was the end result


I think all the kids enjoyed the monster splash birthday bash. I KNOW Tanner had fun. It was a breakfast party, so the first thing we did when everyone got there was eat.
I served toddler friendly cereals (monster cereal), cinnamon rolls on a stick with edible eyeballs in the middle (monster eyeballs), watermelon popsciles (Monster fruit), sausage (Monster toes) and then we had milk, juice and water bottles for beverages. The food was all finger food, except the cereal of course.





This was the "Monster sign-in" table where the mommies signed their monster's names and wrote the birthday boy a note. I used the inside cover of Tanner's "Tickle Monster" book- I felt it was pretty appropriate. Side note- Tanner got "Monster's, inc" at his party and since then we've watched it 9 times. Ugh! He kind of loves that movie!


The monster hats- each kid got one.

Tammer wearin' his monster hat


Here is the toddler table where the kiddos ate.

The monster centerpieces

The place settings.


Each kid got to take their monster bowl home. I had so much fun sticking eyeballs everywhere. And don't you love the chevron prints?
Here are the little monster's eating their breakfasts

After everyone ate we started the games. We did the "Monster Hunt" first. Each kid got a squirt gun filled with colored water and they shot at the monsters. As the shot them, the monster banner was painted with the colored water. It was quite the work of art when the kids finished.



Could this kid be any happier? He loves squirt guns

Then we moved on to the "monster water balloon toss". The kids really enjoyed this. And it doubled as a photo prop. Of course, Tanner didn't even attempt to throw the water balloons through the monster's mouth. Silly boy.

Then we did the "monster stomp". I loved these little monster feet. The kids put their feet on the tops of the monster stompers. Then they tried to walk while staying on the monster stomps. It was harder than it looked and most the toddlers needed help from their mommies.

By this time the sun was shining and it was really warming up so we turned the hose on and let the kids play in the "monster hopscotch sprinkler" and the "monster slip-n-slide". And man did those kids have fun. They loved it.
Tanner on the slip-n-slide

These two little boys have so much fun together

And I loved this picture of the kids crawling down the slip-n-slide together. Hahaha

Tanner running through the hopscotch sprinkler "super fast"

Bailey was a gem the entire party. I think she was just so happy to be a part of it and not be in he bed napping. She was loving all the kids playing and wanted to be a part of it

Oh and I'm pretty sure Bailey drank her weight in juice boxes that day. Oh such bliss!

The birthday boy and parents

After everyone had played we ate cake.
Tanner's monster cake


Here's Tanner and I with the monster cake I made for him.

I had showed him this cake weeks ago and he said "Ohhh, I LOVE it! Make it for my birthday mom?" How can you say no to that??? So I spent 5 hours making this cake. I can tell you right now, it was totally worth it to see his little face when he woke up from his nap and found the cake on the counter.
He was sooo excited! Anways, we ate cake and some of the kids got to eat the cake pop eyeballs.
Here's Tanner blowing out his candles

Then we opened presents. Tanner made such a haul. He was one happy 3-year old. Thank you to everyone for this amazing presents.

Then the clean up began. Luckily everyone stayed behind and helped pick up so the outside clean up was super fast. The rest of my house was a disaster for a couple days-but that's ok.
Tanner loved his party and loved all the monsters. I'm relieved to have it done and so pleased with how it turned out.

Thank you soooo much to my amazing husband who did EVERYTHING I asked him to do. And thank you to my sweet mom, who woke up early to help me get ready for the 9:30 am party. You two are amazing!

Anyways, the party is over and my evenings and nights are no longer spent prepping for this monster bash. It's kind of like the rush of Christmas morning and how its over so quick, but enjoyed so much. Oh well- I guess I can start planning for his 5th birthday party now. Happy birthday little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment