Saturday, September 15, 2012

Baxter County Fair 2012

This week is fair week in Baxter County. I know I've said this before, but I LOVE going to the fair. Now more than ever because I have so much fun watching my kids have fun and having fun with them. I love watching Tanner, as he grows, get to ride more and more rides. I love that Bailey was loving the carousel this year and she was even big enough to do some other rides too.
Unfortunately, Chris was in Little Rock for Guard responsibilities, so he couldn't come. However, my awesome brother, Uncle David, and my amazing parents came instead.
Tanner and Bailey adore these people, so it made it a really fun night.
Here are pictures of my Dad with both my kids at the age of 13 months. He came with us when Tanner was little and now this year with Bailey.
Also- my kids apparently love to ride on Papa's shoulders. 
Tanner and I before getting on the big dragon roller coaster. He was so brave and very excited. Tanner kind of has thing for dragons.

On the roller coaster. When it was over I asked Tanner if he liked it. He said "Yes!!!" and I asked if he thought it was fun and he yelled "YES!!!" and then I asked if he wanted to ride it again and he very emphatically told me "NOOOO!" haha I guess once was enough. 
 
Tanner and Mom on the carousel
Tanner, Papa, Bailey and I on the carousel
Papa and his girl
My sweet sunshine girl and I waiting in line for the dizzy dragons.
Even though our dragon wouldn't spin very well, both Bailey and Tanner seemed to have a good time. Well, at least no one cried....
Tanner climbing the fun house...over and over and over again. I think we spent the majority of our 25 tickets at this one place. And to give you an idea of how many times he did it- it only cost one ticket per entrance. He would climb through tunnels, up netting and then slide down the slide at then end. HE LOVED IT!
Tanner coming out the slide at the bottom. 
Bailey waiting patiently for her brother to finish playing. Nanny was awesome and walked Bailey all around to keep her happy.
Next we did the fun slide. This slide is super tall and you ride on little carpets to the bottom. Bailey loved it and cried whenever our turn was over. We also did this more than once. 
On Tanner's last turn he decided he wanted to sit on his own carpet. Uncle David slid down next to him to make sure he didn't get stuck.
One of my favorite parts of the fair- cotton candy. Well I love all fair food, but we couldn't leave without sharing a bag of cotton candy.  Tanner was a fan!
As was Bailey. It was so funny to watch her try to figure out the texture- as it kept dissolving in her mouth. 
Papa and his kiddos, eating cotton candy.
Right before we left I had to snag one picture of my babes and me. We had such a good time and I'm so grateful for the help I had keeping my kids under control. I wouldn't have gone if it weren't for my parents and Uncle David. THANK YOU!

The next night was the county fair parade.
True to form, Tanner loved every minute of it. He really loves when the bands march past and play. He dances all around and he even taught Bailey some of his moves. Here's Tanner busting a move.
And here's Bailey following suit....
Nanny and her two oldest grand kids. 
Oh how this boy loves his Uncle David. We miss him so much. He left for Korea the next day. 
Tanner and Mom
Bailey loved being allowed to walk and dance in the road. 
Tanner loved getting suckers. All the rest of his candy went into his pockets, but he saved this sucker to eat after the parade was over. 
The whole crew with their suckers. Tanner was so sweet. He gave both Bailey and Clark one of his suckers.

Sweet Bailey checking out all the candy on the road. As long as she had a piece in her hand, she didn't care to get any more. 
 
We had a lot of fun at the parade and we got our traditional chicken nuggets for dinner afterwards. After we got home the kids were so tired. They got baths and then both promptly passed out in their beds. We have had a couple of fun filled days and nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment