Monday, July 2, 2012

Our Treehouse Anniversary

Chris and I take turns planning our anniversary activities each year. Usually it consists of dinner, maybe a movie and small gifts.
But since this year was kind of a "biggie" (Our 5-year anniversary) I wanted to celebrate with something special. Luckily it was my year to plan our date.
The whole trip was a surprise for Chris. He's been working SOOO hard and life hasn't exactly been peaches lately, so I thought we deserved something special.
I booked us a treehouse. That's right- we stayed at the "Grand Treehouse Resort" in Eureka Springs, AR.
Here is the treehouse we stayed in.


It was so fun. The treehouse was really nice and we had two whole days without our kids. We ate an amazing lunch, then we shopped in Branson before checking in. We settled into our room/treehouse and relaxed until our dinner reservations.

Here are some pictures of our room






Then we ate dinner at "Gaskin's Cabin" and OMG- that was the BEST PRIME RIB I HAVE EVER HAD! We were both pretty much stuffed when we left there. Oh and their chocolate bread pudding- to die for!
Us before we left for Dinner

After dinner we went for a carriage ride around the town. Its such a cute little tourist town. We had so much fun.

We grabbed a few snacks and went back to our room to watch a movie and enjoy the simple pleasure of watching the entire movie without any kids interrupting us.
Us back at our treehouse after our "night out on the town"

The next morning we ate breakfast at a delicious little cafe. We walked all around and bought some souvenirs for the kids. It was a little hot but we still had a great time.
They had so many flower gardens and hiking trails. It's a beautiful part of the state.

On our way home we picked up my sisters from the airport and the party started all over again.
I can't really express what a wonderful time I had with my sweet husband. I can't believe we've been married five years already.The time has flown by, but I can honestly say- I love him more now than I did the day I married him. (And I was pretty much head over heels then!)

He's a wonderful, sweet husband and an amazing dad. I don't know what I did to deserve him, but I'm glad he decided I was worth keeping around.

1 comment:

  1. What a great anniversary! I just read about Tree House resorts and you have me sold! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete