Thursday, July 12, 2012

Drake Family Reunion

Over the last weekend in June, ALL my dad's family came in (minus a couple nephews who are currently serving in the military). It was so fun to see everyone and get to spend the week together. It was insane because there was somewhere around 55 of us, but so fun. Tanner loved all the little kids. I think there were around 15 great-grandkids, so you can imagine how hectic it was at times.
However, despite everything we had going on, it was a complete success!
Most everyone came in on Monday and Tuesday,so on Wednesday we headed over to Blanchard springs for our traditional cave tour and lunch at the river.
As usual, it was a blast. I'm so so so so grateful that my sisters were home, because I'm pretty sure I couldn't have done it without them.
Love these girls

Between the three of us, we were able to keep my crazy kids happy and quiet for the entire cave tour.
Angela and I trying to keep the crazy boys under control

Then we went down to the spring and had lunch at the river.
kiddos after the cave tour

Tanner and I by the spring...yes he loves me

Tanner was a big fan of his buddy Noah.

Bailey loves the sand

Aunt "Rah" and Tanner having a squirt gun fight

Tanner splashing around


The men went fishing bright and early Thursday morning. Chris, who was working overnight shifts that week, was able to go fishing with the guys, and he had a great time. He brought home lots of fish, and we are still trying to eat them all. While the guys were fishing, the women packed up the kiddos and headed to the lake.
The mommas and kiddos at the lake

Me and my girl. Tanner was way to crazy and busy to stand still for a picture...



It was so fun to just chill in the water and watch the kids play. Tanner had so much fun! Bailey did too actually. She loved sitting on the beach and playing in the sand.
After the kids were thoroughly exhuasted, I packed them back up, fed them their lunches I'd packed and drove home for nap time.
While the kids were asleep I packed our bags so we could go out to "Gastons"
Our family had rented to big "River Villas" for the weekend and each family had their own room, with a large shared kitchen and common area.
That night the kids and I slept at Gastons (Chris was working) and the next morning we woke up BRIGHT and EARLY for our lake day. We threw on our suits, packed the coolers and drove to the boat docks. We rented 5 boats (2 pontoons and 3 ski boats) and took off on the water for the day.
the kids waiting to get on a boat



Just cruisin' on the lake



Again, the kids were in heaven. Even Bailey loved the boat ride. Of course, two seconds after we left the dock she passed out on my lap.

We transferred onto a pontoon boat and threw out the anchor. The ski boats were busy taking kids skiing and tubing.
Bailey and I swimming

I took Tanner tubing. He wasn't a huge fan this year. He mostly wanted to play on the boat and push buttons with Noah. He played for a bit in the water but he loved being on the boat.
Tanner and I on the tube

Bailey spent alot of time on her Nanny's lap. (She's so spoiled!)
When it was time for my kids to take naps again, we hopped on a ski boat and let the rocking boat do the work. They were out in no time.
When Bailey woke up I took her tubing too. She didn't cry, but she didn't seem real impressed either. At one point she almost fell asleep. Goofy girl.

After riding around in the boat a bit longer we headed back to the dock. We'd been on the lake for about 5 hours at that point and my kids were beat.
They dropped us off at the boat dock and we drove back to the lodge/villa. After the kids finished their naps, we ate dinner and got ready for family pictures.
I loved how our family pictures turned out.





Can't get enought of these awesome aunts! My kids are so lucky!


The next day was Saturday and we were scheduled for a canoe trip. So I got Tanner ready, packed our bags and got Bailey settled with Nanny. Chris was still working and there was NO way I was going to take both kids alone. Nanny graciuosly offered to keep Bailey and so Tanner and I took off with the rest of the crew for his first canoe trip.
Tanner and I before we got in our canoe

I was SO nervous. I thought for sure Tanner would try to jump out of our canoe at the first given chance. To my surprise, Tanner did great. He sat either on my seat with me or crouched in the front of the canoe the whole time. HE LOVED IT!
I'm so glad I decided to take him. He was such a good boy and loved seeing all the fish and turtles.

Love this boy

We did a really short float and we were home by 2:30 or so. Which was perfect because all the little kids were exhausted by the end of it.
That night was the firework show at ASU campus, but my kids were so tired, they were in bed before they even started.
Sunday we packed up and said our "good-byes". We had to be at church at 10 am so it was a busy morning.
The reunion was a blast, it flew by way to fast! My kids were actually really good and it was so fun to see everyone. Couldn't have asked for things to have gone any better. LOVE MY FAMILY!

1 comment:

  1. love it! love our family. and ps laura and i are lucky to have your kids as our nephew and niece:)

    ReplyDelete