Friday, July 13, 2012

4th of July Fun

We enjoyed a nice low key 4th of July celebration this year. We got together with Nanny, Papa, Uncle David, Aunt Laura and Uncle Joseph and his family. We grilled some steaks and had an awesome lunch together. Both Chris and Uncle Joseph had to work later that day so we did our celebrating early.

After lunch we made our way outside for some slip-n-slide fun. We did this last year too, but this year was alot more fun. Tanner was older and able to run and slide on his own and Bailey was even able to enjoy herself.
Tanner doing the slip-n-slide all by himself

My family is simply awesome


What a superstar

Ignore my super white legs- this picture was too funny not to post. My brother and sister pushing Bailey and I on the slip-n-slide. Oh and my Dad chillin in the toddler pool. Haha

Bailey loved it


My sweet kiddos and I

After the slip-n-slide we took our kiddos home for their naps. Chris had to go to work that afternoon, so we didn't get to do much with him that evening. Around 8 pm the kids and I went back to my parent's house to do some small fireworks. Because of the lack of rain and the "burn ban" we could only do fireworks on the driveway. No worries though because Tanner still had a blast.
Here are a few of the kids in the patriotic outfits



Bailey is my little firecracker


We did lots of sparklers and poppers. It was so fun. I can't believe how old my little boy is getting. He looks less and less like a toddler every day and more like a little boy.
Tanner loving life with the "poppers"





Tanner and I doing sparklers together

And I got Bailey a glowstick flag instead of a sparkler

Even though Chris couldn't party with us, we had a great time doing fireworks and a great Fourth of July.
I'm so grateful we live in this blessed country and get to enjoy so many freedoms. I hope everyone had a safe and fun fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment