Friday, June 1, 2012

Memorial Day

I was so happy when I looked at Chris' work schedule and saw that he was off for Memorial day. I planned a big family Bar-B-Q at the lake, but then one thing lead to another and we ended up having our celebration at my parent's house. Which worked out well and was a lot less work.
We grilled burgers and brats for lunch and stuffed our faces. SO good! Then we set up the toddler pool and slip-n-slide for the little ones.
All three kids with Papa

Tanner was all over that slip-n-slide and he loves the pool so I know he had a good time. Bailey didn't cry at all this time when I put her in the pool (that's a huge improvement!)


Even Clark eventually warmed up to the idea of being wet.
The kids played for about an hour and couldn't have had more fun!


Even Bailey tried the slip-n-slide

drying off in the sun- I love that they are constantly playing together! They are seriously best friends

Me and my girl

Then we went home for nap time and both my babes slept for 2 1/2 hours- so wonderful!
Then we packed our beach bags and headed over to the lake. We grabbed a little dinner on the way- because it was getting late and by the time we got back it would be bedtime.
The kids LOVED the lake. The water was perfect and the beach was awesome.


Tanner dug in the sand with this great stick he found in the water.


Bailey hardly ate any sand- so that's an improvement. Both kids played in the water and it was so nice to get to enjoy the beautiful weather.


I have so many memories of going to the lake as a child with my family on a weeknight. We'd pack some sandwiches and spend the evening there. Its so nice because by 6 pm or so, everyone is heading home so it wasn't crowded at all.
Me and my kiddos


After our lake adventure we got the kids dressed in their pj's and headed home. They both slept so hard that night.

It was a great way to spend our memorial day and I look forward to many more days or evenings with my family at the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment