Monday, June 20, 2011

Drake Family Vacation

We just got back from a week-long vacation in Branson, Missouri.
Its only 1 1/2 hours away and there is tons to do- so we love it. Not that we do a ton while we are there- its mostly a bunch of lounging at the pool and marathons of "24" But, somehow I still managed to take about 300 hundred pictures. Prepare yourself...

Chris, Tanner and I spent our first day in Branson at Silver Dollar City. We discovered a few more rides that Tanner could ride and a bunch of rides that are just right for Chris and I. Chris and I decided that we are getting old. We no longer liked being yanked and jerked around by roller coasters and the dizziness I feel when I get off a ride is not something I like to relive. So we found a few "tame" rides that even we could handle.
Tanner really wanted to ride the "hopping frogs" He did good until it really started hopping- even I was a little nervous. Those frogs were really jumping.
Tanner and I before the ride took off- Yep- he was a big boy and sat in his own seat

Tanner and Dad after the frog ride.

We also played in the rope tree house again and cooled off at "geysers gulch"


Tanner squirting the water gun

Then Chris and Tanner played in the ball fort- Tanner loved helping his Dad load the ball gun.
Tanner in the ball pit, handing Dad balls

Helping dad load the gun

I love this shot of Tanner following his Dad around. He looks so little and yet its such a big boy thing to do- running around and throwing balls....

Tanner in the ball fort- I'm not sure if he knew how to get out at this point...

Doesn't he look concerned?


After grabbing some yummy ice cream and later some frozen lemonades- we decided to leave the park and head over to the condo.

Saturday night we ate in and just hung out with my siblings. We, of course, did a little swimming as well.
Yes Tanner is trying to drink the water from the fountain....




On Sunday, my parents and my sister Sarah and her new husband Johnny arrived. That bumped our total family members up to 12 and completed the crew. We rented two condos this year because our family is growing so much and we were sooo glad we did. The two families with young kids (my brother Joseph, Julieta, Clark. Chris, Tanner and I) were in one condo and everyone else (Mom, Dad, David, Laura, Sarah and Johnny) were in the condo just one room over.
Our rooms were on the ground floor and on the pool-side. We pretty much walked out our backdoor into the pool. It was awesome.
After everyone was finally together we snapped a few family shots (even though this picture will be outdated in about 7 1/2 weeks- comon' baby) and then we headed off to Olive Garden.

Its a good thing the food was good because our service was terrible. Luckily, we were able to laugh it off and still enjoy each other's company.
When we got back from dinner, both Tanner and Uncle Johnny had their first experience with fireflies. I think they were equally excited about them too!
If you look close you can see one crawling on David's hand...Its not lit up though.


Sunday night we said good-bye to Chris and Joseph - Joseph had class and Chris had to work. It was sad to see them go, but we managed. Tanner enjoyed having even more room to himself on our King size bed. We played dominos that night and chatted until we couldn't keep our eyes open.

Monday we spent at the pool. Well between the pool, mealtimes and naptime- It was a pretty full day. Tanner LOVED the pool. He loved being able to touch and walk around- but sometimes he would walk in too deep and I'd have to keep pulling him back to where he could touch. He was determined he could breathe underwater. I'm a little more than concerned about the lack of self-preservation...
Tanner really liked standing over the fountains... my kid is so weird!

Double Trouble


Tuesday morning I took Tanner to the "party at the pool" they had face painting, bubbles, sidewalk chalk- what's not to love? Tanner had blast. He held sooo still while he got his face painted. And then he loved looking in the mirror afterwards. He thought his fish face was pretty cool.


Love this boy


The rest of Tuesday we spent shopping. Well- the girls went shopping (except for Laura- who decided she'd rather babysit). I bought WAY too many clothes for Tanner and baby girl at the Carter's outlet and the other outlet stores. We wont even get into how much I went over my budget. But on a positive note- Tanner is TOTALLY set in the way of 2T clothes. And baby girl's closet is getting pretty full too.
It was really fun!
Tanner and Papa- Tanner is wearing Aunt Sarah's sunglasses (which he found in the condo somewhere) and Papa is wearing my sunglasses (which Tanner also found and brought to Papa to wear)


Then on Wednesday we went to see "The Body" exhibit in Branson. It was pretty cool. After that, just more swimming and eating.
That night we roasted s'mores around the fire. Tanner really enjoyed the chocolate and the marshmellow. He could have done without the graham cracker though.
Papa and Tanner roasting marshmellows

YUMMY


Papa and Tanner eating their s'mores


On Thursday, my brother David watched Tanner while I spent a few hours shopping in Springfield (a short 30 minute drive from Branson). I got some stuff for the baby nursery and a few pairs of jeans for Tanner, then I headed back to my boy. That night was more food and then we went and saw "X-Men 1st Class"- So good by the way!
My little cheeseball


Friday we slept in, had donuts for breakfast and then made sushi for lunch.
Tanner loves donuts

Then Sarah and Johnny had to leave to fly back to Utah. SO SAD!
but then Chris came back up. We spent the day at the pool, napping, playing in the clubhouse and then my Dad grilled some steaks for Dinner.
Tanner really loved throwing the ball in the fountain and watching float away. Then he run and get the ball and do it over again. Uncle David and Uncle Johnny would sit on two of the three fountains and make the one Tanner was playing with squirt water really high. Tanner loved it.

Tanner's new trick- jumping into the water
Ready...set...GOOOO!



This was kind of a slow motion jump because we were trying to catch it on camera..but he really would jump/walk off the edge of the pool into the water. He thought he was pretty big stuff! He'd even go underwater.
Oh and just pretend you can see my big belly in that maternity swim suit...
Mom and Tanner


Tanner playing on the beanbags in the clubhouse

Going down the slides at the clubhouse

That night we watched more "24" and eventually went to bed. It was such a fun-filled week!

Saturday we had to check out by 10 am. Which was soo early. Even Tanner had gotten in the habit of waking up around 10:30 am- so it felt really early when my alarm went off at 9 that morning. We ate breakfast in the other condo and then did a little more shopping before driving home.

We had such a wonderful week, and although we missed Chris like crazy, we had so much fun with my family. I'm so glad that we all get along. My siblings are honestly some of my best friends and its so fun to grow up and have kids and watch them play together too. I LOVE MY FAMILY!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man. You guys make me so jealous! Lol. How I love this little boy! He's getting so big Em. :( I can't believe he's going to have a little sister very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I wish it had been warmer when Jon and I went with his family to Branson in January. Haha. Jon, Susan, and I braved the hot tub at night in the freezing cold temperatures. I'm so jealous of your fun family vacations. I want to go swimming everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I'm glad you guys had such a good time! We had the same prob with our last family pic- Sara was 8 months pregnant... You guys are always doing such fun things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True religion are highly sought after for their innovation,artfulness and design.The lines,such as true true religion outlet ,true religion jeans.

    ReplyDelete