Monday, December 27, 2010

Don't Judge Me

So its 11:30 pm on a Sunday night, my sweet husband is asleep in the bed next to me and I'm wide awake.
So I've spent alot of time indoors and after I put Tanner to bed, I've been filling my evenings with Internet browsing and netflix instant play movies.
Well tonight I got the party planning bug. Its ridiculous because Tanner's first birthday was just 4 months ago and I can't throw him another BIG party until he's three. (Chris and I have a deal that I will only spend the money to throw big parties every other year) So his 2nd birthday will be totally low-key, but his third birthday is going to be really fun.
I've already planned most of it. Its going to be a MONSTER BASH. I can't even explain how excited I am to throw this party. I'm out of control- I know!
Tonight my party planning got a little out of control and I actually bought stuff for a party almost 2 years away. AHHHH! What is wrong with me?
Well I don't regret it. I actually can't wait until it gets to my house so I can start going through everything.
I bought the party hats- which are monster visor hats, I bought three different favors and the favor bags and I bought these monster stompers. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Oriental Trading Company!!!! They have such cute stuff at REALLY good prices.
I spent 60 bucks and have enough for 12 favor bags. which may not sound like a good deal- but it is when you see what I bought and what it would have cost to make it myself. I'M SO STOKED!

Anyways- The rest of the planning must go on- So this is mostly just me- getting all my ideas written down somewhere. Don't feel a need to read and comment. I just need to have a chance to think out loud and write everything down.

ROAR invitations
Favors:Individual felt monsters
Monster bags- inside lolly pops, pop monsters, sticker monsters, monster pens and tattoos
Monster visors-instead of party hats
Games- monster bowling, monster bean bag toss, monster stompers
Prizes: need ideas here
Food: monster munchies,monster watermelon head, monster finger and toes, monster cupcakes
Cake: Monsters
Decorations: see sidebar- future projects
Presents: monster quiet book

Sounds fun right? If I was a three year, I'd want to get invited to this party.
If you have any ideas for me-leave a comment. THANKS!

1 comment: