Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Tanner

One year ago today Tanner was born and our lives were forever changed.

I CANNOT believe its been a year already. It doesn't seem fair that life flies by when you're the happiest and drags on when you're sad. This past year has flown by with all the joy our little man brings into our lives.
Here are 12 little Tanner facts ( 1 for every month of his life)
1) He has a contagious smile. You can't help but be happy when you see that toothy grin. Somehow he always cheers me up. No matter whats wrong, Tanner is there to love on me and make it all better.
2) He is a mama's boy and a Daddy's best friend. He loves to snuggle me and give me kisses, and when he's hurt or sad he calls for "Mama" but as soon as Dad gets home he's off to help him in whatever man job he's doing. Tanner is Dad's little sidekick.
3) He loves his Nanny and Papa. He loves to chase and be chased by Papa all around the house, but when its time to go to sleep he loves to rock-a-bye with Nanny.
4) Tanner loves to play with his Aunts and Uncles. Even though he only had the summer to get to know most of them- he's grown very attached to them and every time he talks to them on the phone he smiles so big.
5) Tanner loves to figure out how things work. He will take his toys apart just to figure how to put them together again. He loves to find dials, switches, knobs and anything you can move to get a result.
6) Tanner has the cutest little bum. I love the way his little booty shakes when he crawls really fast. I laugh so hard watching him get around the house.
7) Tanner loves to dance. Whether its head banging or booty shaking- he loves to move with the music.
8) Tanner loves music- musical instruments really put him in a trance. He will just sit there and stare at them while the person plays. Its like he's trying to figure out how it works and where the sound is coming from.
9) Tanner is a genuinely happy child. I think I could learn alot from him. He is very content to just play and sit around with mom and dad.
10) Tanner loves to play with other kids. He is completely enthralled with them. He doesn't even really have to be involved in what the other kids are doing, he's happy to just sit close by and watch them.
11) Tanner loves the water. Even from a young age he's been a little fish. He never showed the slightest trepidation toward the pool or the lake. We've had so much fun taking him swimming this summer, I really hope he still loves the water next summer.
12) Tanner looks just like his Dad. I realize I'm a little partial, but I LOVE IT! My two favorite most handsome boys in the world!

So in case you haven't met Tanner, now you can feel like you have. He's the reason we smile and I can't imagine life without him. Happy Birthday Tanner-bear!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Tanner,

    You, your Mother, and your Father should come with me to San Diego next summer. I think you would love the beach and the tide pools. Oh, and there is massive amounts of sand for you to eat, but you might not be into that kind of thing next year. Happy 1st Birthday!

    Love,

    Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete