Monday, August 16, 2010

Richter Visit

My Aunt Lynnette and her family are down visiting right now from Arizona and California. Its so fun to have them here and their kids. We went to the lake today and spent the day on the boats. Because school is starting on Thursday here, everyone is getting ready for that and NO ONE was on the lake. It was a perfect day to be out there and we had it all to ourselves.
While we were waiting at the docks to get onto our boats, we fed the fish. Well I guess they're technically fish, but they are the size of miniature sharks and have monstrous mouths. They are carp and they're HUGE! They get fed alot and it shows. Tanner was fascinated with them.

I didn't get a decent picture of them, but here is a picture off some website. This should give you an idea of the size of those mouths. Ridiculous right? Now picture about 30 of those all grouped together gobbling up fish food.

Here is one of all the kids when the were feeding the carp. (Don't mind that I can't pose for pictures for the life of me)


We had three boats. Two pontoons and one deck boat. It was so much fun. Tanner loves being in the water anytime, but he really enjoyed the wind on his face as we drove to a cove to swim and tube.

Uncle Joe tossing Tanner overboard.

Here is one of my beautiful sisters and I.

Somehow my camera got set on Black and White- but I still love this picture

Tanner of course had to tube. He loved it too. He was laughing and clapping his hands. It was so cute. His uncles wanted to take him out on the tube and so I being the trusting mom that I am, let them. And they had blast. They are awesome with Tanner.

Here is another of the boys in the water with tanner

And then Papa and Tanner playing together. Papa would go under water and then squirt water in Tanner's face, Tanner would scream and laugh and then they'd repeat the process. It was so hysterical to watch.

Tanner loved helping Papa drive the boat. When we got to the dock to leave he was so sad to have to let go of the steering wheel. He's such a funny kid!


Now tomorrow is Tanner's big birthday bash. I cannot believe its almost been a year. Where has the time gone and when did my baby get so big?
I'm sure I'll post tons of pictures from the party. I've been planning this thing for months now, so rest assured I'll write all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment