Sunday, April 18, 2010

Playing Catch Up...

I've been neglecting my blog lately, but not without good reason. Chris recently moved over to ING and then last week we had our annual audit. ING sends a guy down to inspect our office, go through our files, and make sure we are "following the rules." Well- that was a headache believe you me. I had to take Tanner to work for three days and the poor little guy was still recovering from the flu. It was quite a hectic three days.
Tanner working hard. Oh and he is wearing his pj's. Little boys who don't feel good don't have to wear work clothes. Don't be fooled by this smile- he really wasn't feeling good.

After going through two filing cabinets of files and working some 20 hours, we were finally ready for the audit. Which I'm happy to say WE PASSED. "Our files are the gold standard for files" What a relief! So anyways, now I can go back to being a wife, mother and housekeeper.
A couple of weeks ago Chris and I took Tanner to the park to feed the ducks during Chris' lunch break. He didn't know what to think about those ducks. It was funny. He would just stare at them and then at the bread bag and back at the ducks again.
Tanner and I feeding the ducks. They got full pretty fast and didn't eat much.

But we was enthralled by the water in the pond. He wanted to climb right in. I'm telling you- this kid is going to be a swimmer.


Tanner and his Daddy. Yes, Chris is wearing his work clothes- like I said- this was during his lunch break.

Me and my Boy


Then last weekend my sister Laura had Prom. My friend Adrian and I helped her get ready. (Thanks again Age!) We did her hair and make-up and then we took pictures of her with her date. OK, not her real date- but he was by far the cutest boy dressed up for Prom. After Laura bought her dress she asked me to alter it. So I added the blue around the middle, the bow and the blue around the neckline so it wasn't so low cut. Then with the leftover material I made Tanner a matching bow tie. They made such a cute couple.
Smiling. What a handsome couple!

What a Stud!!!

Tanner and I


Also- garage sale season is almost in full swing. I know it sounds trashy or whatever, but I can't help myself. I love to find a good deal. And honestly, when it comes to baby clothes, shoes and toys- most of them are still in excellent condition because they only get worn a few times. So I have been having some good luck lately at garage sales and getting some awesome toys for Tanner. I found this baby piano that can sit or stand according to whatever stage works for your child. I paid $1 for it and I cleaned it up with Chlorox, so it looks brand new. Then I put some batteries in it and Tanner had a ball. This kid is a piano whiz. Baby Mozart- EAT YOUR HEART OUT!!!



I'm working on another quiet book. I think its a new addiction. Its really quiet ridiculous! I'm working on this one for my newest nephew. Well he isn't here yet, but I wanted to make it while I still had my motivation. I found a bunch more ideas too, so I'm going to be spending my allowance on quiet book materials for the next few months. I just can't help myself.
Well that's pretty much my life. I know it doesn't sound busy, but I feel like the last two weeks have flown by. Here are some random pictures of us from these past blurry weeks.
Tanner's newest obsession. He loves to sit or stand by our glass door that goes out to the porch and play with the blinds.



What is it about naked babies that makes them so stinkin' cute? I love this chunky baby!

Me tickling Tanner's belly!

Anyways, I'm loving this spring weather and I'm counting down the days until we leave for Oregon. Although, my parents have been Europe for the last 5 days and we are missing them terribly. On the bright side, when they come home at the end of April they are bringing David home with them. YAY!

2 comments:

  1. I think I might have to bring an extra suitcase when I come out there, so I can pack Tanner up and bring him home! :) He's SO CUTE!

    I'm glad you're finding good deals at yard sales. Jon and I have turned into D.I. shoppers- kind of sad, but there are some good finds at the Provo one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily:
    I cannot get over how much Tanner has grown! I have to say my favorite photo out of this grouping is; the one where he is looking out into "space" while he's sitting in front of the blinds. I so agree with you on the yard sale finds. I found Maddy a cute pink princess dress for 1 dollar last saturday and I took it home and washed it-so she could wear it for Sunday! She also wore her boots with it but hey at least she really like the dress!!!

    ReplyDelete