Monday, May 13, 2024

Mother's Day 2024

 I enjoyed a wonderful Mother's day yesterday. My family thoroughly spoiled me and it was a great day. 
Chris made a wonderful breakfast of a potato, egg and bacon hash. It was delicious. He brought it to me in bed and let me sleep in. 
Then we attended church and had a wonderful afternoon there. During Relief Society we were given delicious cookies, we had short lesson and then we were able to just chat the majority of the time. It was really nice. 

For lunch I was given a plate of fajita nachos. We had ordered fajitas the night before and I love making nachos out of the leftovers. 

Then I was able to spend time for each of my kids. I started this tradition a couple years earlier and I love it. It makes me stop and appreciate the one on one time with each of them. I told each of the kids they could have 20-30 minutes with me and to think of what they wanted to do with their time. 
Bailey and I painted our nails. Well I painted her nails and then I put press on nails on myself. 
This time was precious to me because sometimes my relationship with Bailey is strained. So when we get some good quality time in, it's always really nice. 


Tucker wanted to go for a walk together. We walked around the Centerton pond and to the park and back. He gathered me a big bouquet of wild flowers and we talked the whole time. It was great. Tucker especially enjoys one-on-one time and so he was in heaven the whole time. 

Benson decided that he wanted to color and cuddle together during his time. This was really nice and chill. We colored and chatted while we watched a show. Then with about 7 minutes remaining in our time, we snuggled up on the couch. Benson really loves snuggling. It's pretty cute. 

Then finally Tanner and I had our time. Tanner decided he just wanted to cuddle and watch a show. 
He picked "Monsters at Work" for the show and we snuggled up in my bed. Everyone loves snuggling in my bed. It's kind of comical. If they could all fit I think the would try to sleep with us every night. 

After my time with Tanner I was able to take a little nap. I woke up to a delicious dinner. Chris and Tanner made dinner and it was amazing. Tanner made homemade garlic knots. Chris made an incredible alfredo sauce to go over yummy lobster ravioli. Then we had a salad as well. It was the perfect meal and I loved it. 
Chris also made me some chocolate covered strawberries. I was so spoiled. 
I am so grateful for my sweet kids that made me a mom. 
They were so sweet all day and it really was a great mother's day. 









No comments:

Post a Comment