Monday, April 17, 2023

Happy Birthday Uncle David- Surprise Trip to CO

Chris and I just got home from a quick whirlwind trip to Colorado Springs to celebrate Uncle David's 40th birthday. All of us siblings and Nanny and Papa flew out to surprise him with the help of coordinating from Aunt Michelle. It was a total shock for him and it was so fun!
Here we are before sneaking into his house to surprise him. 
Joseph and Julieta flew in a little bit later and so we couldn't wait for them. 
Also, the day we flew in a spring snow shower blue in with us. It was crazy and I think I've decided the weather in Colorado Springs is even more unreliable than Arkansas weather.
That night we went out to dinner at a nice Italian place and then we all met back up at the Airbnb we had rented for the weekend. The house itself was super cute and had lots of room. We met back there to hang out, play games and wait for Joseph and Julieta to show up. 
The next day we woke up to a beautiful day and after having delicious French pastries for breakfast, we went to "Garden of the Gods" and did a little hike. 
Me and the birthday boy!
Here's the orginial gang- I can't believe David is 40 years old now. We are getting old but we are still best friends. 

I'm so glad this handsome guy got to come with me. It was so fun to have the adults together!
Garden of the Gods was gorgeous as per usual. 
That night we lit the fire in the outdoor firepit and sat around talking and laughing together.
It was so fun to get just get to talk and play games, without any worries or stresses.


We stayed up late again that night playing games but the next morning we had to get up and move out of the Airbnb. So once we did that, we drove over to David and Michelle's. 
Michelle made us all sorts of yummy food and we all enjoyed it. 
I spent some quality time with my brother's cat kids. 
Of course, I can't touch them because I'm allergic, but I sat next to them while they avoided me. 
So that's always enjoyable. 
Then we all had dessert and sang to David with his chocolate mousse and birthday candles. 
Before we had to leave, we all got a picture together. 
I'm so incredibly grateful for this family of mine. 
I love that we all love each other and we want to be together. 
I have so many friends who don't even talk to their siblings to parents and it makes me all the more grateful for the relationships I have with my family. 

We drove back up to Denver that night to return the car and get a few hours of sleep before our super early flight the next day. 
We flew in on a Friday and we left on Monday morning. We were back in time for Chris to get to work and Mom and Dad were able to drive home. It was a real quick trip but we had the best time and loved getting to celebrate David's 40th birthday! Happy Birthday Bub!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment