Monday, April 10, 2023

Easter Weekend with Nanny & Papa

 We had a wonderful Easter weekend with Nanny and Papa. 

We actually started our celebration earlier with dying eggs together.

I put together a little setup and when the kids got home from school we dyed eggs together. 
Well actually we colored eggs.  



I sure love these kiddos. 
We all had fun coloring our eggs. The "egg-mazing" is so fun to use. We all love it. 




We also had our annual Christian Passover Feast. 


I love this tradition so much. It was especially poignant this year as we've been studying the New Testament and learning about Christ and his atonement and resurrection. 
I always enjoy the conversations we have during this dinner and the food is always yummy too. 

Then Friday afternoon, we were invited to the peeps festival at the Lanoy's house and it was so fun. There were all sorts of peep and egg related games and the kids loved it! We also had a nice soup bar and I brought homemade rolls. There were 4 different kinds of soup and everything tasted so good. 

There was an egg toss first and it was pretty fun to watch. They had to toss the eggs into each other's solo cups. 


Then they did a peep on the spoon race.
 
However, Uncle Don taught them a sneaky trick and some of the kids took his advice. They licked the bottom of the peep and then it stuck to the plastic spoon and wouldn't come off as they walked across the yard. 
The last thing we did was an egg battle. We rolled our eggs into each other and whoever's egg cracked was out. 
Benson did not like that his egg cracked. He was so sad!
We had a great time at the peep's fest!

Saturday morning we hung out with Nanny and Papa, we had our egg hunt  and we celebrated Nanny's 65th birthday. 

 



I love these kids. Although Benson was very disappointed that the Easter Bunny only hid real eggs this year, no candy eggs. 

Benson reminded me that we needed to plant our magical jelly beans. He was so excited to plant the jelly beans and see what grew. 

Then we had fajitas for dinner and then had cake. 
After dinner we watched Nanny open her presents. 


Her new foot massager was a big hit with everyone. 
Benson really loved it and would giggle so hard every single time. It was hilarious.

Easter Sunday was wonderful. We had a beautiful musical program at church and the spirit was so strong. 
After church we went to take pictures downtown because the tulips are beautiful right now and I needed to document them. 




How cute are my parents? I just love them!
I also love that Bailey and I had matching dresses this year. 
The outfits coordinate so well and I just love the pink and the florals. 
The kids also wanted to climb this art structure so naturally we had to get a picture. 



Then after we got home from taking our pictures we got to work on our Easter dinner. 

Oh and Benson was thrilled to see the lollipop that grew overnight in the spot where he planted his jelly beans. I love this kid and his belief in magic. 


Chris smoked a delicious ham and Mom and I made all the rest of the dishes. 
They were delicious and the whole meal was so good. 


 




We had a beautiful Easter and it was sad to have Nanny and Papa leave. 
Happy Easter everyone!
I'm so very grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful that HE LIVES. Because He lives, I will too. Because he lives, I get to be with my family forever! 


No comments:

Post a Comment