Sunday, March 5, 2023

Tag-along Florida Work Trip


Chris had a work trip in Orlando and with the help of Nanny and Papa, I got to tag along. 
It was so nice. The weather was so nice and warm in Orlando and although I had to pay for my airline ticket, the hotel and car were covered and that was so nice. 
We flew out on Thursday and got to our hotel around 5 pm. We stay at the Disney Dolphin Hotel & Conference Center. It was a nice hotel and a Disney property so they had shuttles to the parks and stuff.  We were able to hang out and explore for a bit and then we went out to dinner with Chris' team. We all caught the shuttle bus from our hotel and went over to Disney springs. We ate at this delicious burger bar and got milkshakes then we split off from the group and explored Disney springs for a while. 
We went to the Lego store just so we could take some pictures and look at all the Lego the kids would have enjoyed.
This amazing Lego dragon was in the little lake outside of the store.
Then we headed back to our hotel and stayed in for the rest of the night. 
Chris has meetings all day long each day so I enjoyed some quality time with my books and the pool. 
It was such a relaxing weekend. I napped, I drank mocktails and I swam. 
The weather was such a nice change of pace that I wanted to spend all my time outside. 
I spent my time just hopping from pool to pool and reading.
That night for dinner Chris had to go to a work dinner so I order some pupusas and had them door- dashed to myself. They were delicious!

The next day I did much of the same. I hung out at the pool with another virgin pina colada and a different book.  
 
On both mornings the pools were empty and I could enjoy the view all on my own. 

I went inside a little early that day and took a nap in the room and then I showered and got myself ready for the night. Chris had a dinner party thing he needed to go to, but he said I could come and hang out by the pool and he would bring me food. So I chilled by the pool and read until he brought me a plate of food. 
 
Then he was able to sneak away from the party and we took a walk around the property and enjoyed the lights. We also hopped on the water taxi and took a ride. If we wanted we could have stayed on board until it took us to Disney World. But instead we hopped off at the promenade and explored there. 
  
It was darling and full of street performers and cute shops. 
We also found this cute star wars area and had to take a picture for Tanner. 

Then Sunday morning we caught an early flight and we got home around 10 am. 
It was a short trip but it was so nice. Chris had to work for the majority of it, but I knew that going into it. I enjoyed just getting to relax and read and enjoy the sunshine. 
I'm grateful Nanny and Papa were able to come and watch our kids so I could go. It was so nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment