Sunday, November 28, 2021

Thanksgiving in Mtn Home

 Happy Thanksgiving!
We just spent a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with the Drakes. 
We went over to MH on Wednesday and then stayed til Saturday.

We enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving dinner and it was probably our easiest thanksgiving meal yet. 
Aunt Laura had our cooking times on a schedule for all the different dishes so it went very smoothly. 
Tanner really enjoyed his turkey leg. Dad smoked the turkey this year and it was delicious!

 
Benson thought his olive fingers were pretty great. He was cracking me up. 

All the food was so yummy. We had turkey, potatoes, green beans, rolls, deviled eggs and more. It was all so delicious. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I also made myself  a new shirt. It said "leftovers are for quitters". 
It was super comfy and perfect for thanksgiving. 

That night Laura played piano for me while I sang some of our favorite songs. 
I always love it when Laura plays. She's so talented. I'm not much of a singer, but I love to sing along while she plays. I will always treasure times like this together. 

Friday night we took all the kids to see "Encanto" at a theater in Mtn. Home. It was a super cute movie and we all enjoyed it. 
After the movie, we drove through the ASUMH campus and saw the Christmas light display. 
It was the perfect end to our night. 

Saturday morning we got packed and loaded up to head home. But before leaving we were able to celebrate Papa's birthday. 
We served him a slice of coconut cream pie with candles on top. We sang to him and then all enjoyed some pie. We sure love our Papa. We are grateful we got to celebrate with him!

I feel so very thankful for these beloved parents of mine. I cherish all the time we have together. 

After our pie, we loaded up and headed back home. We wanted to get back in time to put up our Christmas lights because the weather was so nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment