Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Our Farewell Party

Last night my dear friend Jessica Fuhriman hosted a farewell party for us. We leave on Friday for Virginia and I can't believe it's finally here. Chris has to attend a 4 month school at Fort Lee and the kids and I are going with him. He has to be on post by July 10 and he will graduate on November 4th. So we are going on a little adventure and I am praying my sanity survives it. We were told last week that we will be staying in a single bed room at the hotel/lodge when we arrive. We were planning on a suite with two beds, a full fridge, a table and many more conveniences we have come to enjoy. But instead, we will be roughing it for a while. I'm a little nervous about the trip but I keep telling myself that "I can do anything for a little while". It's a great comfort to me to know that Sarah and Johnny will be living in our house and taking care of it while we are gone. I'm so happy they are living in NWA for a while- atleast until Johnny finishes his PhD. And I'm so excited to get back to Arkansas and enjoy the next 4-5 years of fun together. 

 Anyways, this little farewell party was the perfect show of support . Many of our dear friends came and it was so fun. We felt so loved. It was amazing. 
I wanted to get pictures of the kids with their good friends, but I forgot until the very end and some of the kids had already left. But here are the ones I was able to get.
Bailey with her girl friends. From left to right: Camry Lowden, Annalise Fuhriman, Bailey, Chloe and Addi Caresia. Not picture: Karina Fuhriman, Kenlee Lowden, and Addison Hufford. 
I got one of Tanner with each of his best friends and I'm grateful for that. On the left- Tanner and Cooper Lowden and on the right- Tanner and Ryan Christensen. 
We also attempted a group shot. Not everyone is pictured here, but we got most of them. 
Pictured below by families left to right- Us, Fuhrimans, Caresias, Huffords, Lowdens, more Fuhrimans and more Lowdens. (not pictured- Christensens, Porters, Allreds and Lanoys)
Before leaving, Dave Fuhriman set up a few fireworks. 
I love the way both Tommy and Tucker are covering their ears. So cute!
I had to get a few pictures with some of my dearest friends.
Jen Christensen, AnneMarie Porter, April Lowden, Erin Lowden, Me and Jessica Fuhriman. 
Unfortunately, Tori Caresia, Shannon Hufford, Sarah Allred and Stephanie Lanoy had already left at this point. But I love all these ladies so much. They are some of my best friends and I don't know how I am going to survive the next four months without them. 
Oh and here is one picture of some of us from my "farewell GNO".
These wonderful ladies and I went to the "Wooden Spoon" restaurant in Gentry a couple weeks ago. It was a long drive and an even longer wait to eat, but the food was simply amazing. But as good as the food was, the company made it even better. We had the best time chatting, laughing and just enjoying our night away from kids. I really do feel so blessed. These ladies are my support system and I'm so blessed to have them in my life. 

I can't wait to see everyone again. We are going to do our best to have fun and enjoy our time in Virginia, but I will be secretly counting down the days until we are home. 




1 comment:

  1. I must say that your Farewell Party was mesmerizing. These photos are stunning. At some local NYC venues we also would be throwing a surprise dinner party for our family and close friends. It’s been a long time we had hosted a family event so hoping that it will be enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete