Sunday, July 24, 2016

Battle Drive Pool & Virginia Beach Fun

Guess what? I finally got my own military ID this week and now the kids and I can come and go on base as we please. It's amazing. To celebrate, we found our way to a local movie theater and watched "Peanuts" and it was so fun. The kids surprised me by being completely angelic and watching the entire movie without squirming or getting up once. They happily ate their popcorn and candy and watched the entire movie. It was actually a pretty fun outing. 

Then on Friday, we went to the pool on base with Daddy. We've been wanting to go, but I was nervous to take all three kids alone, since the shallowest point is still 3 feet deep. But it turned out, my fears were unwarranted. The kids all swam happily and didn't need to be able to touch the bottom of the pool to have fun. 

Bailey especially loved swimming around with her "Minnie Mouse" goggles. 



Tanner loved swimming around with his snorkel and fins. He's so funny. 





Tucker just loves the water. He loves that he can float with his puddle jumper and he loves to doggy-paddle around. It's pretty cute to watch. 
We loved getting to spend some time with Daddy. Any time with Daddy is special but the kids really loved playing at the pool with him.  



After swimming at the pool, we ordered some pizzas and got a movie. We took our goodies back to the room and spent the rest of the night stuffing our faces with pizza  and watching "Kung Fu Panda." Its so nice that we have a few restaurants here on base and a red box. 

Then Saturday morning we got up and drove over to Virginia Beach. We had so much fun playing in the sand. Bailey begged me to bury her so I did and then I added a mermaid tail. She thought it was pretty funny. 
The beach off the boardwalk has a pretty rough surf, so Tucker prefers to play in the sand. 
I love this sweet boy and his love of sand. 
 
Tanner helped Tucker for a while. They happily dug holes in the sand together for a while. I love watching them play together. 


Every now and then Tucker would venture into the water, but typically a wave would knock him over and then he would run back to the beach. 

Tanner and I had a great time  boogie boarding together. He's a rockstar and I swallowed way too much to salt water. 



Bailey and I made a sand castle, although it was difficult to keep
Godzilla Tucker from knocking it over. 



Tanner really loves playing in the waves. It's his favorite thing. 


Bailey attempted to boogie board as well. She didn't want to go out to be big waves though, so she just hung out right near the beach and let the waves push her to shore. 









Then Tanner convinced her to try the big waves. She followed him bravely. I love them
And Tucker found a new love for collecting sea shells. 

After playing on the beach all afternoon, we found a delicious seafood restaurant on the boardwalk. 
Tanner and I split a steam bag of crab legs, clams and shrimp with  potatoes, corn and kielbasa. Oh man, it was good. All the kids helped me eat it, but Bailey preferred our crab dip and Chris' yellow-fin tuna salad. She kept saying "I love yellow fin". Lol. 

Then we decided to take a surrey ride along the beach. Basically it was a family bike ride. It was way harder than I expected. Of course, only Chris and I were peddling. If the kids could have helped, it would have been easier. We rode our family bike all along the boardwalk and took in the sights and music. It was so fun. The kids loved it.  

Bailey and Tucker were so cute in the front seat. They snuggled the entire time. 
We love Virginia Beach!

After our bike ride, we grabbed some ice cream and then we drove home. It was a great day at the beach and we look forward to many more fun weekends in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment