Monday, November 3, 2014

A Typical Week in Our World...

I've been feeling the need to document our everyday life recently. I'm not really sure why, because every single day seems like "Ground hog's day" as I do the same thing every single day. But I know someday I will look back and miss these days, so I want to make sure I have something to show for this time in my life.
Most days are pretty laid back. Every single morning Tanner and Bailey cannot wait to see Tucker. They get so excited when he wakes up for the day.
 
On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays  Tanner goes to preschool. During that time Bailey, Tucker and I run errands, clean, fold laundry, play and Bailey and I do preschool together. We've got a good routine.  Bailey and Tucker spend a lot of time together while I try to be a little productive.






Tucker naps each day from 9-11 am and from 1-3 pm.
Tanner goes to preschool from 8-12 on Mondays and Fridays. On Wednesdays he stays until 2 pm and eats lunch at school.
After Tucker's morning nap we usually leave to pick-up Tanner. Every single time Tanner climbs into the car,Tucker grins from ear to ear. It's adorable. Those two are such pals.



When we get home from picking up Tanner, we have lunch and then its time for naps.

 Tucker and Bailey take afternoon naps and Tanner lays down for "quiet time". During quiet time he plays games on my kindle or watches a show. It's a nice time for me to relax and recharge.

After naps we usually pick up the house and try to survive the last hour before dad gets off work.
I usually try to have the kids play in their rooms with their toys. Sometimes I feel like their toys never get touched.






Our nightly routine consists of dinner, baths, bedtime story, scriptures, brush teeth and then hop in bed. Pretty standard I'm sure, but again- just documenting for the future.

Tuesdays are our super busy days. In the morning Tanner and Bailey have swim lessons. They are in different classes, but the same pool so I can watch them both at the same time. SO nice!




Tanner is the one on the left side. Tanner loves the water.

Bailey learning how to straighten her body and float. She's in the beginner 1 class. It's been funny to watch her learn to get her hair wet.

While they are in swim, Tucker and I hang out in the observation room and watch. Tucker is a total champ.

After swim, it's home for lunch and early naps. We have to be up at 2:30pm on Tuesdays for ballet class. Bailey is one of the youngest in her class and you can tell. But each week she gets a little bit better.

At the end of each class they do a "freeze dance". The teacher stops the music and the girls freeze until the music starts again. Bailey loves it. 
After ballet we hop back in the car, eat a quick snack and then take Tanner over to tumbling class. He really loves this class. It's at the gym and its a small class so he gets lots of attention. He just loves getting to run, roll and jump all the time. 

Here he is on the balance beams. So cute right?
During these classes Tucker just chills in his car seat. I've never seen a more content little person. He is the happiest kid ever. 

We usually get home around 6:30 pm on Tuesdays and then we eat a crock pot meal, take baths and go to bed. It's an exhausting day. 

Wednesdays Tanner goes to preschool and it's nice because we have an extra two hours before we pick him up. He loves getting to take his lunch on Wednesdays. Naps get pushed back until 2:15 but we manage. 

Thursdays. Oh glorious Thursdays. How I look forward to you all week long. Thursdays we don't get out of our pajamas. We don't leave our house. We just chill. We watch movies, we play, we make messes. It's fantastic. 

Then Friday is usually a nice relaxed day because its Friday. TGIF!!!

The weekends are spent hanging out with Daddy and doing things as a family. And those activities are usually what I blog about, but this is our everyday life. It's incredibly exhausting. It's incredibly hard. And it's incredibly amazing. 

The days seem to literally drag on sometimes, but the weeks are flying by way too fast. I feel so blessed to have my sweet kids and my awesome husband. I don't know what I did to deserve all the blessings in my life, but I love it and I want to make sure I can always look back and remember how amazing my life is.











No comments:

Post a Comment