Monday, March 10, 2014

Our Last Visit to Mtn. Home....At least for a while.

We spent the weekend in Mtn. Home and it was so nice.  We probably won't get to go back until after this baby comes, since we will be working on moving and then I will be too close to my due date to go on road trips... So we decided we needed to make this happen.
We left Friday afternoon and drove over in gorgeous weather and with HAPPY kids. They always get so excited to see Nanny and Papa.
We got in around 7 pm on Friday and the kids got to play for a while before bed. Clark and Danny were over so they all got to play together. Then the kids said they were tired and happily went to bed. (they love sleeping over!)
The next day Chris and Papa went on a guided fishing trip. The fishing trip was Chris' Christmas present two years ago and they finally got to cash in. It was the perfect day. Sunny and clear. They maxed out and brought home tons of fish. So fun.
I also got to sneak away and get my hair cut and colored Saturday morning. It was so nice to have a little
time to myself and I love my new hair. So fun for a change.
Here's a pic with my hair and the ever growing belly.  (33 weeks)
When I got home, the kids went down for naps and my mom and I made about a million bean burritos.
She has the awesome recipe from her sister and we make them and then freeze them. They are amazing.
I'm pretty thrilled to have some in my freezer right now. My mom is awesome. 

After naps we took the kids bowling with Nanny, Papa and Uncle Joe and his family.
There was a short wait, so we played some arcade games while we waited.
Tanner loved the air hockey. 



Then it came time to bowl. You can imagine how funny it was to watch 4 kids, ages 4 and under try to bowl. Yeah. It may have been the longest 10 frames ever!!! 
We took turns helping the kids. Look at this little stud. He loved this blue ball. It was light enough that he could carry it himself. 
Bailey, true to character, picked out a pink ball. 
It was so hard for the kids to wait for their next turn. Patience is so hard!
Love these kids. They are so funny. 
Even Papa took some turns helping the kids bowl. 
The funniest thing was Bailey running back and forth from bowling and Nanny's lap. Nanny was tickling her back and she hated having to stop to take her turn to bowl. She would bowl her first turn, then run back to Nanny for a quick rub-down before returning to bowl her second turn. It was cracking me up. 
After bowling, we went back to Nanny and Papa's and Chris fried up the fish they caught that morning for us. It was delicious. (Don't mind my sunburned husband. Silly man forgot to wear sunscreen!)
But here is Chris with our fish fry dinner. 
We made potatoes and broccoli to go with it. The kids even enjoyed the fish. Pretty impressive!
Chris says he wants a fishing trip every year for Christmas. He really enjoyed it!

The next day was Sunday. We went to church with Nanny and Papa. Then it was home for lunch and naps. And after naps we ate a birthday dinner for Julieta, since her birthday had been two days earlier. Then we ate cake.
I love these two people!

After cake we had to head home. We got the kids into their pj's and loaded up the car. The kids traveled great coming home too. So grateful for my happy travelers!
My parents are going to be spending quite a bit of time in Bentonville over the next two months and we are so excited. They are coming over on Friday for my birthday and the kids can hardly stand it. 
Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment