Thursday, March 20, 2014

My Birthday and St. Patrick's Day Fun

So I turned 27 on Saturday, March 15th. Seriously, 27!!! That seems much older than 26. But luckily it doesn't feel that different. My parents drove over Friday night to stay with our kids. Saturday morning Chris and I packed up and left for a weekend alone together. SO wonderful!
We went car shopping, got lunch at "Panera" and then went appliance shopping. Then it was over to the dollar theater for a matinee showing of "Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit." It was pretty good. Then we went to dinner at my absolute favorite sushi place- Kobe. It was amazing. After dinner we did some shopping, grabbed some ice cream and went to our hotel.
It was such a nice day with just me and my sweetheart. 
My kids did not even notice we were gone because they were having too much fun with Nanny and Papa. They went to Chuck-E-Cheese on Saturday afternoon and spent 3- hours playing and eating pizza.  My Mom was gracious enough to send us a few pictures of the kids having fun. We missed our kids a little, but they could have cared less that we were gone.
They had so much fun! Tanner was so thrilled with the pizza. 
But Bailey sat on Papa's lap and completely out-ate Tanner. That-a-girl B!

Anyways, Sunday morning we slept in as late as our parental bodies would allow and then ate breakfast at our hotel. We woke up to rain, which soon turned into ice/sleet/snow.
With the bad weather, we decided to head home and try to get there before the roads got bad. 
When we got home, my mom was making a birthday cake for me. She's awesome like that. 
Eventually my parents had to head back to Mtn. Home. We didn't want them driving back in the dark with the yucky weather. 
After dinner, we ate my cake. The kids were so excited. It was so funny. Tanner kept commenting on how many candles there were. Luckily, he's pretty cute so I didn't get real offended. It was beyond cute when they sang to me. Love my little family. 
Anyways, it was a great birthday and I feel very loved and extremely blessed!

Monday was March 17th, St. Patrick's day. I made sure we were all set to celebrate.
Sunday night I read "The Night Before St. Patrick's Day" to the kids so they knew what to expect the next day. 
While the kids slept I cut out and taped little leprechaun footprints all over the house. 
They led from each of the kids' rooms all the way to a little bucket of treats that our leprechaun left for us. 

There was also a path of "footyprints" (That's what Bailey called them) to the fridge where the kids found green milk. They were so excited about that. 
So we had "Lucky Charms" with green milk for breakfast on St. Patrick's day.
Tanner and Bailey are kind of HUGE fans of St. Patrick's day. 
And Tanner was beyond relieved that he had a green "Leprechaun" shirt to wear so he wouldn't get pinched. He's so funny right now. 
Besides the cereal, these are the other treats our leprechaun brought us.
The best part of the day though was watching Tanner "examine" the prints left by the leprechaun.
He told me that leprechauns are really small so he had to use his magnifying glass to find him. 
Pretty dang cute, right? He ran back and forth all day making sure the footprints were still there and that the leprechaun hadn't come back. He really wanted to catch him!
I think next year we will set a trap for our leprechaun. Tanner is really excited about the prospect of building a trap and catching one.
I'm enjoying this age so much. Tanner imagination is so fun right now. He has me laughing all the time. 

Anyways, Spring is almost here and we are so ready. Stay tuned for some Spring Break fun and our move into our new house. All happening next week... wish me luck!










No comments:

Post a Comment