Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Big Move

Well it's over. We have moved to NW Arkansas. We moved into this cozy little rental house in Centerton, AR. Centerton is just west of Bentonville. Chris is now about 12 minutes from work, as opposed to 2 1/2 hours. I can't even begin to express how amazing it is to live with my husband again. Single parenthood is not for me!
About a week before our move, our house finally went on the market. So crazy. Even though it was frustrating to not be able to list it sooner, it is nice that I only had to attempt to keep it clean for a week while it showed. Now it's empty and so much easier to show.
The movers came on Wednesday, July 8th- they spent the day packing up our entire house. Which was amazing!!! But it also meant the kids and I had to leave the house for the day. so we headed over to story time at the library. We then spent the night with my parents. Chris stayed at the house during the day with the movers and joined us at my parents house that evening.

Then on Thursday, July 9th the movers came back with this monster moving truck and loaded up all the boxes. The house looks so weird empty!!!
 
 
Then we said goodbye to our sweet little house
 Friday morning Chris and I drove over to Centerton to meet the movers, so they could unload.
 
My parents and sister Laura kept the kiddos for the day so we could get some unpacking done.
Which was such a wonderful blessing. We got so much done without the kids. They drove over Friday night. Unfortunately, Chris had drill in Marshall so he had to drive back Saturday morning.
But Saturday, with my family's help, we spent the day unpacking and setting up our new little house.
Here are a few peeks at the house.
 
The kids are sharing a room in this house so we can have a spare room for guests. Hint- we are expecting lots of guests now that we've moved.
They are sharing a room and doing really well. I was worried they wouldn't fall asleep well together, but they've done great!!!
I love that this rental has a place for my piano!!!
 
My Dad and sister Laura spent most the day on Saturday working on cleaning, unpacking and organizing the garage. After only 24 hours- I could park in my garage. It's a thing of beauty.
The kids did great with the move. When they arrived late Friday night they were still awake and so they got to look around at the house. Tanner kept saying "my new house", "my new room" "my new big window". Everything was his and everything was new. He is in love with our new house and has transitioned so well to our new life. Bailey also has done great.
I had packed a bag of things to entertain the kids while we unpacked- the kids were grateful.
Turns out- packing is exhausting- just ask Tanner.
They spent time playing in the sprinkler and doing sidewalk chalk stencils in our awesome fenced-in backyard.
Oh and we also managed to get some Nanny and Papa snuggles in during all the unpacking.
I'm so grateful my parents and sister came to help us move in.
We are going to miss them so much!!!!




 
Sunday morning we woke up and wen to our new ward. It seems like a great ward. Our neighbors across the street are members of our ward and everyone was really friendly.
Here are my darling babes all ready for church.
My parents and sister left after lunch and Chris got back later Sunday afternoon.
And yes, he came home to a completely unpacked and decorated house. And yes- he owes me big time!
Anyways- we are very happy here. We've been invited to lots of play dates and when we aren't making new friends,  we are exploring the area and having so much fun! Seriously- LOVE IT HERE!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your husband's new job. That sounds so nice to have someone come in and move everything for you. Your kids are adorable. I hope everything keeps going well for you in your new place :)--Claire

    ReplyDelete