Saturday, July 27, 2013

Life in NWA

We've settled into life in NWA and we are LOVING it!
There are so many fun things to do and we are doing our best to take advantage of all the fun there is to offer!
The weekend after we moved in we had our first FHE in our new home.
We did glow stick bowling. It was pretty fun and the kids seemed to enjoy it.
 
 
But about 20 minutes into our activity, Tanner decided he'd had enough and we decided to end the night with light saber duels.

We also have been on 3-4 playdates. Everyone is so friendly here and they want to play all the time. It's so fun to have so many stay-at-home moms who want to play.
 
Tuesday we made this awesome chalk ice.
It was a big hit. Isn't it pretty?




 
Wednesday we made Flubber. This was such an easy and fun activity.
The kids were so excited.
Bailey kept yelling "it's so cute, Mom." "My flubber is so cute"
I don't know what makes her think that, but it was pretty fun!
They literally played with this stuff for over an hour. So awesome. Perfect activity for those rainy days. (Which we've been having a lot of lately- very strange for an Arkansas July)
 
On Thursday we went to the theater for the $4 movie and saw "Madagascar 3"- which was really cute. We hadn't seen it before so we all enjoyed it. Tanner loves going to see movies now. This summer has been great practice for us and I feel much more comfortable taking the kids to see movies by myself now. And you can't be that $4 price.
 
Unfortunately, I got sick Thursday night and spent the next few days in bed. My wonderful husband took care of me after work and the kids were angels and just hung out in bed with me.
But by Sunday I was feeling good again and life was back in motion. 
 
 Monday's FHE was a treasure hunt. I drew a treasure map and Chris hid the treasure box (with our scriptures inside) and then we followed the map to find them. They loved it and we did the whole hunt twice. So fun. When we found the treasure box the first time, Tanner exclaimed "The scriptures ARE the treasure!"
I loved it! He's starting to really enjoy the scripture stories and it makes me so happy!

Tuesday we went to a friend's house for a play date. The kids loved it. Tanner started asking to go back immediately. So fun.
 
The next day the weather was amazing and so we packed our lunch and headed to the park.
The kids had fun and it was so nice to not be so hot while playing outside.
Look at those cutie faces- you can't help but love playing with them.
 
On Thursday we met Chris for lunch and looked at some houses. It was fun to spend some time during the day with him. The kids miss him during the day.
 
Then on Friday we went for a tour of one of the local fire stations.
I didn't get many pictures because my camera was acting up, but here is an instagram collage.

 
Well that marks our first two weeks in Northwest Arkansas. I can honestly say that I feel like we are meant to be here and life is going great.
Chris is loving his job, the kids have lots of new friends and there are lots of other moms for me to hang with. The only downside is the distance from our families- but we can visit.
We are grateful for all our blessings and can't wait to see what the future holds.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment