Monday, April 1, 2013

Hoppin' Down the Bunny Trail...

On Saturday we had our 2nd Easter party ever. We hosted one for Tanner's first Easter, he was only 8 months old. The next year my sister got married and we were in Utah over Easter and the year after that we all had the flu over Easter, so I was happy to start up the hopeful tradition again. I love throwing parties and I love any excuse to host- so this gives me a good excuse!
I think the party went great. I think everyone had a good time, I know I did. The kids had so much fun hunting for eggs. They are at such a fun age for this kind of stuff. We had eight kids and about 150 eggs hidden in our backyard, so you can imagine how full their Easter baskets were. Before we started our hunt, we ate and visited for a while. Here is the food table before everyone dug in.
Little bunny sandwiches
Here is my peeps centerpiece and the veggie tray.

 Peep and fruit kabobs



 Jell-O deviled eggs
 
Cupcakes
My little family before the egg hunt. Chris was able to come home during his lunch hour to party with us. So nice to have him home for a bit of Easter fun.
All the kids wore these little bunny tails. LOVE THEM SO MUCH! It was so cute to see all the little bunny tails waddling around hunting for eggs.
 
Here is Bailey hunting for eggs. She was so funny about putting them directly into her basket and then she looked through her basket later. But it took her so long to get the eggs actually in her basket. She had to concentrate so hard. 
 
Tanner was so cute- he had to show me each of his eggs. He was so proud of himself. I was cracking up at him. So funny!


 
 little hunters
All-in-all, I think the party was a success. After it was over and everyone went home, the kids went down for naps and I was able to relax. My house was a disaster, but I was able to sit and relax for a while. Thank you to all those who came and helped and hunted eggs. I'm hoping we found them all- otherwise our backyard is going to smell in a couple weeks. Happy Easter to everyone!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you outdid yourself as usual! Super cute, Emily!

    ReplyDelete